Toxic users ruining the game

I have been using this site for some time, but am using this feature for the first time because I have a complaint to make. Some players leave the game after a few moves, purposely not logging off. The opponent has to wait 20 minutes for the timer to run out to win, or resign. I tried calling the moderator but the guy left without doing anything. I am seriously disappointed with the management.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.
What would you expect a moderator to do in this situation?
It’s delicate to interfere in a running game as long as the contract is respected (time setting agreed by both players).
Who knows if your opponent stayed 20mns trying to find a proper answer to your last move? Of course I would share that toxicity feeling, have doubts but then again, what could be done?

Maybe you can try shorter time settings to avoid waiting too long?

3 Likes

Frankly, I find this a bit strong wording. This platform is mostly free, and as pointed out by @Groin there are limits to how a moderator could intervene (if any were available).

I’m also curious as to what you believe the solution is.

2 Likes

Did the opponent leave the game?

Also this is not severe enough for what I would call “toxic”.

3 Likes

Perhaps the user was disturbed by something and couldn’t come back on time.

2 Likes

I think that’s a good reason to report someone after the game has ended.

2 Likes

A moderator cannot interfere in an ongoing game just because someone is slow (I am assuming, based on your description, that your opponent had left the tab open). I looked at your game in question and your opponent’s history. That person has recently lost by disconnection twice and has timed out 4 times in non-blitz games, a pattern of bad behavior that warrants a warning IMHO. You can definitely report your opponent after the game and cite his history as evidence.

I suggest that you use 5 minutes main time and increase the byo-yomi periods if needed.

1 Like