Trust level

I dunno, maybe you have to post something.

1 Like

How do you get the example badge? I really want to get that badge.

2 Likes

I just woke up one day and I was a regular, didnā€™t know it was a thing, it was kind of confusing. :woman_shrugging:t2:

11 Likes

Why? You only need to take a short moment for the forums every day.

But btw, afaik you can lose the regular status again after a while.

3 Likes

You lose it whenever you fall below the requirements, outside of a two week grace period when you get it.

7 Likes

Any way to see the stats about me from my end? If the other counts are wrong, I want to know all of my stats.

4 Likes

No.

3 Likes

OMG! I just realized that I am no longer regular!!!

Itā€™s a pity. That would be useful.
What did I miss in the last 100 days?
Didnā€™t read enough?:nerd_face:
Didnā€™t like enough?:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Was I reported??? :scream:

It would be also useful some kind of notification: ā€œYou are no longer regular, you lazy piece of crap!ā€ :crazy_face:

Moreover, the badge is goneā€¦ no trace that Iā€™ve ever been regularā€¦ it could have happened only in my mind!!! I could have dreamed about all those secret posts about kittens!!! :joy:

12 Likes

8 Likes

Does Discourse have a setting to make these starts available to other users, and if so, would that be something that could happen, or is the potential for gaming the system too high?

I canā€™t dig this: thereā€™s a cap of 500 posts read in the whole history, but I need 4k in the last 100 days. Is it right? How could it be?

2 Likes

I guess the 500 are an absolute value (that was maybe once manually set), while the >4k are relative (= 25 % of all posts that were written in the last 100 days). So, the more activity a forum has, the harder it is to reach these 25 %. Maybe itā€™s time to overthink the 25 % and lower them to 20 %?

5 Likes

Does this include activity you have muted? If it comes to the point that 75% of activity is forum games and pointless chat then Iā€™ll certainly be losing my regular status!

5 Likes

What if we opened a thread in the regular lounge and conspire to post as much as possible in it? (title suggestion: ā€œPost moves you like! Polls and chat welcomeā€)

If we manage to generate 75% of the forum activity no one can get regular without already being regular and we can be an exclusive clique.

Of course you can drop out from regular status so it becomes a highlander-style endurance contest. The last remaining regular challenges the winner of the ā€œThrough the yearsā€ tournament for the secret OGS titleā€¦

8 Likes

Yes, they are.

• Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)

So the cap is 20k.
I donā€™t know what the (all time) cap could mean.

I must read some more to get my badge back. :grin:
Probably some of those werewolf and emoticon things

5 Likes

If you are going to read the werewolf thread, you should play with us :smiley:

5 Likes

Afaik itā€™s ā€œyou must have read 25 % of the posts from the last 100 days, but at least 500.ā€ So the 500 is only important when thereā€™s not much forum activity.

5 Likes

@flovo well since you already started thatā€¦ Do me next ^____^

You are still a regular

This is the last stats service post here. I donā€™t have time for that ā€¦

8 Likes

You are right: itā€™s not fair to ask someone these personal informations. Itā€™s time consuming and no fun at all.

BUT

Wellā€¦ I read a lot in recent days and still miss my badge. :grin:
I absolutely donā€™t want to annoy anybody, so I am NOT asking you to do this once more.
I just think that it would be useful to have this kind of stats available.
Is there anything we can do as users to have them?

3 Likes