Trying to find a cool go table

A while back, couldn’t have been more than a month or so, I saw a short video about some people visiting a location with a really cool go table. I’m trying to find that video again, but I can’t find it…

It had two drawers on opposite sides where the stones where stored, with three extra compartments for captures and some personal items. The stones were stored is a grid that looked like those Ing cups, but it could be rotated, and the stones were then lifted out of those cups.
The table itself was coffee-table sized and had a board built in the middle, which could be flipped upside down if the drawers were open, to reveal a 9x9 (if I remember correctly). It was extremely well-made.

Probably it was a board stored at some go federation, and the video was shot by visitors. I’m not sure which language it was in, and I might have seen it somewhere on Twitter…

Anyways, does anybody know what I mean?

2 Likes

To the rescue

8 Likes

Thank you!!

Man, that table is awesome…

My memory was wrong, no 9x9 board!
And four extra compartments!
And not rotating Ing cups, but sliding ones!

2 Likes

BTW that was an accurate, vivid description, are you dreaming about this table as often as I do? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s a very inspiring table…

I was having a conversation about furniture, which reminded me of this table. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I noticed the little plaque on the side of the board.

It looks like it was gifted by the Shanghai Ing Chang-Ki Goe Education Foundation. http://www.ycqweiqi.com

Perhaps they’d be able to give a bit more information about this table! It’s really awesome!

3 Likes

That is a really fine table. I’d love to mimic the function in my own build, even if the form is currently beyond my ability to reproduce.

2 Likes

I believe these tables were designed and produced by the Ing foundation.

They are even advertised in an official translation of the Ing “Goe” rules. See page 56 of this document

4 Likes

how bout’ this?36c65ba4723f5df0262508f7ce1bcae7

6 Likes

The rectangular style tables on the next page are pretty cool too

This table can also be seen in the surrounding game film.

3 Likes

Which film? (I’m a bit braindead these days, sorry)

“The Surrounding Game” is the name of the film; it’s on Netflix.

3 Likes

I’m in Greece. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I’m in a dilemma now. Post further OT here or necro the old surrounding game threads…
Oh well, here goes:

https://www.surroundinggamemovie.com/

If you’re very keen you could get the DVD… Seems sad that’s it’s not available on Netflix in Greece

3 Likes

I got the blu-ray. It’s worth it

2 Likes

But maybe not if its only for a glimpse of this table!

1 Like

It actually is a good film/documentary about Go though. Also the table is in the trailer video on the website at 1:39 and at 2:04.

3 Likes

I’m in Italy. Does that matter?
I looked for it, my Netflix knows the search key (it
suggested me while I was writing) but the movie isn’t there.

Different countries have different licensed content, this is the norm in most streaming platforms. And Netflix isn’t such a household staple here anyway. :slight_smile:

I saw that, currently, the movie is only available on their official channel, Amazon video used to have a license but not any more.

3 Likes