Tsumego Dragon Feedback

Hello all! I am hoping for some general feedback regarding some future ideas I have for my app.

For starters, Tsumego Dragon is primarily a Tsumego app to be used to train your game. But as development proceeds it will be essential to allow people to play games on the app. I’ve gone through many ideas but it’s clear that it would be ill advised to build my own server even if it just focused on beginners.

My thoughts are to use Tsumego Dragon as a front end for OGS so my audience can play the existing audience and the player pool increases for everyone. Even then there is a lot of work involved. I have also noticed that it would be difficult to keep up with OGS’s development while still doing my own. For example the new scoring stuff is great :+1:

So I am really trying to figure out a future flow to make a seamless experience between my users and OGS so both parties benefit. Some of my ideas include using skins you unlock on Tsumego Dragon for OGS, using OGS’s AI reviews with my own AI (that I haven’t built yet lol) so do a kind of Clossi Approach AI Sensei review and find recommended puzzle sets from your game’s spike points, and overall just a way of using both Tsumego Dragon data and well as OGS api to create a generalized study plan based off of the data and my teaching experience.

This is of course very involved but I am working on Tsumego Dragon full time thanks to people subscribing every month to support development.

What are your feelings, as a user on OGS, that you would like to see in the relationship between a puzzle app and ogs?

From a developer standpoint, you might take a look at other apps that chose to use or not use OGS as their backend. Two apps that come to mind are The Conquest of Go and CGS. Both came out around the same time, and are still around - one integrated with OGS, the other opted to build their own backend.

I don’t think there’s a right answer, but I’m sure if you reached out to the maintainers, they could offer some good insight about the decision.

4 Likes