Unofficial OGS rank histogram 2021

Ahh i see what you mean, then yeah xD

I was talking about pre 2017 rating system update. What i meant ‘missing’ is exactly what you said, the data we have now is re-analysed and based to results long after the games took place.

Good example case of what i mean by data gone missing and the “problem*” it causes here, T:3183 R:1 (ennuiaboo vs KoBa), you can see from the chat both oh us being 14k, and from the level of our moves that indeed we were both was far into ddk-land based on our skills ^___^
Now when adapting to the current rating system our ranks are shown as 1d and 7k in that case, which clearly is just false and doesnt make any sense xD

If you take a closer look of my that user rating graph and game history you’ll see how weird it is.

By looking at the graph and game history, it now seems like they were always (played for 2 months in 2014 and few times in 15-16) high sdk / low-dan player - apparently even reaching 2d at some point "friendly" "game"
But according to the game chats, the user never reached higher than 10k. Then after coming back in 2018 they were visibly confused about their new 1d rank and lost some games before quitting ogs again kalhartt vs. ennuiaboo

When looking these old games, there is no data of what has been our ratings back then, how much difference there was between the players elo’s, or who was the higher rated player when that game took place. Ranks have been saved in chatlogs, but that is the only place where you can see how were the players ranked when the game took place.

*i think the only problem this causes is the inaccuracy of making any kinda statistics about players ranks from pre 2017 era.

4 Likes