Unsent game chat gets moved to the next game

When I am typing a message, and then get suddenly teleported to the next game (when it’s my turn), my message comes with me.

Therefore, sometimes I accidentally hit send and send a completely different person my message.

I appreciate that my message is not lost to the void, but there are very few situations where I would want to send the same message to the next person.

I can recommend a few different fixes, not sure which is best:

• Don’t teleport when there are unsent messages in the chat
  • If you do teleport, clear the message box (this will be annoying, but less confusing)
  • for the above, perhaps it is possible to cache the unsent message in the chat box for the previous game
  • flash a pop up notification (“you are about to be teleported, click here to cancel”)
1 Like

Thanks. I do like the auto-advance (there’s the word I’m looking for!) feature. I just don’t like my unsent chat messages getting advanced as well.

In fact, this isn’t actually a bug with auto advance, it’s just a bug with advancing with an unsent chat.

2 Likes

Could you explain how this happens?
Usually you are moved to another game when you play a move or if you click on the circled number on top right of the screen.
Both these are intentional.
So I don’t understand how this could happen while you’re writing.

2 Likes

It is possible (at least in the past, if it has already been fixed) to be teleported away if your opponent triggers your conditional move.

3 Likes

@yebellz got it. I noticed the bug when I had no moves to make (i.e. no black notification dot) and then a correspondence opponent made a move.

It is also possible to be teleported if I am waiting to get auto-matched.

EDIT: Conditional moves do not trigger the auto-advance anymore as far as I can tell.

2 Likes