Upcoming price increase for new plans (*not* existing plans)

I read somewhere you were on a overhaul of the tournament system? How things going?

1 Like

ok

Not sure about higher tiers, but the current one shows the 48% price increase. Poor Russia xd

// RUB 370 against 250 for the ongoing PayPal subscription

Edit: there’s rendering problem

5 Likes

Looks like Shib, Doge and Saitama coins could be a viable option to use on here to pay for services.

What? You say I have an ulterior motive to bring this up?!

You accuse me of being a common scoundrel when I thought we were all upstanding OGS netizens!

In all seriousness, I would be interested in using some of the coins I have bought into as a payment option eventually on here.

2 Likes

Pretty sure we’d support the respectable coins before the joke coins :wink:

3 Likes

My commiserations that you have to deal with international VAT. I know some online sellers just gave up foreign sales rather than deal with the bureaucracy.

5 Likes

Ooph, yeah, the USD / RUB conversion rate really tanked since I initially configured the pricing… it looks like it was right around that whole Crimea thing. It’s probably not going to be very good for the OGS Russian revenue stream if Putin decides to invade eastern Ukraine too.

Re the duplicate looking paypal entry, I know what happened there, I’ll work on fixing them up today. You are not in fact subscribed twice though, have no fear.

6 Likes

Even 370rub is a normal subscription fee for russia. The current WoW and Netflix subscriptions are ~600rub each. Only the select few services that can afford to pay for the loyalty of the russian users tried to mitigate the ruble tanking a few years ago. Services like steam, spotify, etc.

4 Likes

Being compared with WoW and Netflix is either a huge compliment or a huge insult, depending on who you talk to :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

My account (21529) is on the Kyu plan, but cancelling out of that by hitting the button doesn’t seem to work, so I cannot upgrade to the Tenuki plan.

Um, help?

2 Likes

Sorry about that ahd1 - this is related to the same issue as IcedEarth, and actually everyone who is using PayPal, basically I created two entries for every actual supporter subscription by mistake (and when canceled, it only affects the correct one, so the other one still lingers… this doesn’t result in any charges or anything, it’s just a ghost so to speak).

I’m working on fixing it as we speak. Check back in an hour and hopefully I’ll have that cleaned up by then.

4 Likes

Ok @ahd1 and @IcedEarth , your supporter subscription views should be correct now. Sorry again about that!

4 Likes

I’d like to support via Alipay, but it’s not clickable, yet. So is it still being implemented?

2 Likes

Apparently it’s still waiting to be turned on by Stripe. I got the confirmation message that everything was checked out on Dec. 30th and it was going to be enabled, but I didn’t double check the dashboard to see that it was in fact enabled. It’s still marked in the “Pending” status. I just emailed them to see what’s up and try and get that turned on.

When it’s actually turned on, you should be able to pay with Alipay by clicking the purple button, no need to click on the individual payment methods or anything. I’ll let you know when I hear back from them and it’s actually enabled.

Sorry about that, I should have double checked that it was actually enabled :frowning:

4 Likes

i am a supporter already - do I need to do anything?

2 Likes

Nope you’re all set! Thanks for being a supporter!

4 Likes

This makes it more difficult to figure out which level one is currently at. At least I can’t see it. Could you add some clear “You are currently this and this level”?

I supporter OGS even before AI perks but as long as perks are there it would be nice to know which kind.

5 Likes

If you look on your the supporter page you should see “You are on this plan” at the bottom of the plan that’s active. It sounds like I need to make that clearer though.

2 Likes

Hah, I was just about to come back and edit my post because I noticed it too after I wrote it. Yeah. It is very easy to miss.

3 Likes

bruh this is sad I thought I can learn for free but now it’s increased