Upcoming price increase for new plans (*not* existing plans)

not for free but less

anyhow I am not a site supporter so I will look at this another time

There are many ways to learn without being a site supporter, our community is very helpful.
That said, prices don’t go up until next month so you have some time to lock in a sub at the current prices.

3 Likes

Hey I keep getting server error (500) when trying to sign up. What do

1 Like

@CheddarsTug I see the error, looks like stripe doesn’t like it when currencies change, I’ll work on a proper fix for that - but in the mean time I’ve configured it so you get directed to the Paddle system to do the purchase, so you should be all set if you try now.

Sorry about that, and thanks for the continued support!

4 Likes

@anoek forwarding a question re: smaller donations from an Australian discord server. Are there any alternative donation paths for smaller contributions? Even if they don’t necessarily unlock any AI options…

I notice there’s now only three billing levels instead of the previous four (with the cheapest being $70/year presently). I’d personally like it if there were a way to support for a bit less than that, but understand if that’s not possible.

3 Likes

Not at this time, I’ve tried to simplify things this time around for usability and my own sanity.

3 Likes

Oh, so there is no way to make donations of $x? That’s a shame but understandable I guess… I’ll pass that on. Thanks for the quick reply.

1 Like

I find it quite strange to think you don’t have any users interested in donating more than the highest yearly sub… Most fandoms have at least a couple whales that like to throw their money around…

3 Likes

Are you saying we need a Go fund me?

12 Likes

Get this man to the Go jokes thread :heart:

4 Likes

There were a couple BHydden, but only before we had the plans. Once we had the plans, the slider was pretty much never used, so that’s why it’s gone - it was awkward, very largely unused, and added confusion to a place where we really want to minimize confusion.

4 Likes

Fair enough. Strange, but you gotta play the cards you’re dealt :man_shrugging: I’m all for simplicity :+1:

1 Like

I think it is more important to have a stable, secure, financially sound system with fewer options and a bit of foresight. If people want to pay more, they will find a way. If I read the saga correctly, this is how the rengo server was born.

Sidenote: as long as there are no memes for this topic, I think it is too early to ask for extra features, cryptos and donations. The OGS users are not quite “there” yet :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Totally agree :slight_smile: crypto wasn’t a request, just an enquiry on his position… and donations were an existing feature that was removed, so I was checking whether it was gone or just hard to find. I totally agree that stability and security come first :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I do not know how they handle tax and payment, but have you looked at https://opencollective.com/?

I haven’t, but skimming it looks like it’s a budget / accounting system. We’ve got a good handle on how much money from where is coming in, the hassle is after that - getting money to the right governments and filling out the right forms, and staying on top of the tax laws as they change around the world (which has a surprising amount of churn.)

4 Likes

Thank you for letting us know about the reasons for the price increase. I’d like to give a bit of a boost in these harder times and tried switching from monthly to annual billing. Is that possible? When I toggle the switch at Play Go at online-go.com! | OGS it looks like only the price view changes, but no there is no persisted settings change. If it isn’t possible to do so in the UI, but you can change it in your back-end, you have my permission to toggle it yourself. If it’s not possible at all, I understand,as well.

In any case, thank you for your great work :pray:

4 Likes

You would need to first cancel your existing subscription and then sign up with a new monthly authorization.
Make sure you message anoek after you do this and he will send back to you what was remaining on your yearly sub.

1 Like

Hrm. I signed up as a Kyu supporter a year ago today. I don’t see a way to re-up this for a year, although there’s a message saying the level still exists for me since I was already on it. Would I have to wait until tomorrow to do this or am I just confused about where I’m supposed to re-up?

On a side note, cryptocurrencies are an environmental disaster and I’d immediately cancel my account if you started accepting them.

Rather than reiterating the relevant discussion, I’ll link this:

Thanks!

2 Likes