第26屆本因坊決賽 林海峰(黑)石田芳夫(白).sgf (1.3 KB)
I wouldn’t have thought it should be an issue, but it may be the Chinese characters.
Please try translating all the fields into English translations (sorry)
Below I put in dummy text in all the fields and it was able to upload.
@anoek pretty big bug here, upload to games library doesn’t have full support for UTF-8 characters
I submited an issue over at GitHub for this.
I am not sure the Chinese characters are encoded in UTF-8 (Unicode), maybe GB for simplified Chinese. Now I have 48 Rin Kai Ho’s famous games to upload, it’s time consuming to remove all the Chinese characters.
Note that all of BW-GO, Grid Master, Hectar Go (SGF editors) can open them successfully, but only Hectar Go shows those characters correctly with no garbling.
Sorry about the necromancy, but while I got the error when uploading the file as was, converting it to UTF-8 did the trick. Unless the SGF Library is supposed to handle different encodings, I think we can scratch this one as a bug?
It was Big5. If that’s the case with the other files, converting everything at once should be straightforward. On Linux, it would only take a few lines of code.
Maybe something like this.
mkdir Converted && for file in *.sgf; do iconv -f big5 -t utf8 "$file" > Converted/"$file"; sed -i 's/big5/UTF-8/gI' Converted/"$file"; done
That only takes care of the encoding, though. You may need to invest some extra lines to get everything 100%.
- I had to remove an extra bracket in the game name token (
GN[第26屆日本本吒]坊決賽]) before I could open your SGF on CGoban3;
- After uploading it to OGS, it displayed a win by timeout because the game result info (
RE[黑中盤勝]) didn’t follow the SGF standard (e.g.
But that, too, can be straightforward if you know what you’re looking for and the way it should be.