Useful Hints For Using This Forum

Code tags, if you want to share something with tags that you don’t want to be parsed by the forum software:

<everything in in angled brackets is treated as a tag>, thus the angled brackets and the content disappear EXCEPT if you put backticks ( ` ) around it.

Cmd+Shift+C on the Mac, on Windows probably Ctrl+Shift+C.

Note: Apparently a comma, semi-colon, and exclamation or question mark break the angled brackets:
<lalala, ladeeda>

A line is created by typing three dashes aka hyphens (---) or underscores (___) in an empty line.

BUT if you put a dash directly under a text line, the text is turned into a headline.

(but you can get that also by beginning a line with the hash sign #), and there are seven levels of headers:

lala

lala

lala

lala

lala

lala
lala
# lala
## lala
### lala
### lala
#### lala
##### lala
###### lala

If you write two dashes (--) or three dashes (---) in a text line they are turned into an “En Dash” – or “Em Dash” —.

Likewise, if you type three periods (...) they are turned into the Ellipsis sign (…)

Bold and Italics / Italics are known, I assume.
**Bold** and *Italics* / _Italics_

Keyboard shortcuts: Cmd/Ctrl+B, Cmd/Ctrl+I

Numbered Lists?

1. Just begin a line with “1.”, then you’ll see what happens.
  2. lalala

Bullet lists?

• Begin a line with a dash

- lala

There was more, but now I forgot what I wanted to add.

[a minute later] Ah, now I remember:

If you want to insert a link to a forum category, like #support, just enter a hash sign (#), and a list of categories appears:

<edit> finished the last sentence :sweat_smile: and changed the screenshot to dark theme.</edit>

3 Likes