Username change, one more

Hi,

I am one of those who landed in here with their email address as their username, and I couldn’t find any way to proceed to the change other than asking here : could someone please change my username, to FrenchFlakito (usually this one’s not taken) or JimmyFarrar ?

Thanks a lot,
Guillaume

(PS: I understand you want to prevent people from changing too often… but then why don’t you:

• get rid of the “edit username” that appears on the user’s profile?
  • or simply implement a rule that no-one can change more than twice their name?)

Hello,

done:

Please also log out of the forum and back in to have the change reflected here, too.

Regarding your questions, our devs @matburt and @anoek should be able to answer them, I understand too little of these tech things.

1 Like

Hello,

Thanks a bunch, you rock !

1 Like

Hi, could you please change my username to ‘ponpoco’ and set my ranks to 11k? Thanks.

done:

Please log out of the forum and back in to have the change reflected here, too.

And then … enjoy :slight_smile:

Hi trohde, I’m not sure if it worked, since the forum seems to change my username to a number since it was only Japanese characters before. the right username to change is “はい、こちらポンポコ商事です”. Just asking since I didn’t see a change reflected in my profile.

Oh, darn …

Inviting @crocrobot since now it seems that I may have changed the wrong user’s (namely 11122’s) name to “ponpoco” :frowning:

I guess at this point, creating a new username will be an easier solution. It seems that 11122’s account hasn’t really been used anyway, so no worries trohde :slight_smile:

Please wait a little bit, I’m trying to communicate with our demigods about this issue as I’m a bit confused about it (and BTW, meanwhile I’ve found your acct).

@11
OK, now I reverted that other person’s OGS username back to “11122” and “ponpoco” should be available again for you.

Please send me a msg from on the game server so that I can be sure it’s you, then I’ll change your name to “ponpoco”.

The changing of non-Latin script usernames to numbers in the forum software seems to be a problem, though, I’ll warn the other mods about this.