WBaduk.com teaching material / video Lectures

I cannot get any of the lectures and videos to play on my linux workstation from the website.
Before I invest time and effort to overcome the technical issues, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the (very abundant) material.

1 Like

I remember I also had trouble in accessing it, I think in the end it only worked in one browser (probably IE). I’m running windows though, so no idea what that means for you.

0 Likes

Hello @cleinias,

I am using Firefox 66.0 on my Linux workstation and I can play through games there but the videos don’t do anything for me. I too, however, have not really tried much to get them working. :thinking:

0 Likes

I tried to do the problems a long time ago on my mac with safari. No luck back then they didn load. I just tried it with firefox and it didnt work, but to my great suprise it now works with safari!
Thanks for reminding me of the website!

0 Likes

Each video lecture's page at WBaduk.com has an embedded mplayer2 playlist, which your browser can't execute, with a broken link to a multimedia file hosted at CyberOro.com.

With some effort, the videos can still be accessed:

1. Explore the source code of the lecture's page and find the line pointing to the playlist:

<embed src="/fileupdown/lecture_movie/[filename].asx"

2. For each [filename].asx, the corresponding video will be located at one of these two addresses:
  3. a: http://movie.cyberoro.com/Nihokiin/Cyberoro/lecutre_eng_mp4/[filename].mp4 1

b: http://movie.cyberoro.com/Nihokiin/Cyberoro/lecture_eng/[filename].wmv

4. If 'a', your browser can likely play it as is; if 'b', you'll probably have to download the file. 2

You can use some script-fu to streamline the process.

1. The directory is actually named lecutre_eng_mp4 in the first case. That wasn’t a typo—I mean, not mine.

2. To be clear, that’s a simple workaround, presented for informational purposes only, to overcome a misconfiguration preventing access to freely provided educational resources intended for personal use.

4 Likes

Impressive. Thanks!

0 Likes