Weird rating bug?

I have a question about the rating system, which I could not find any answer to and which has been going on since before the ranking adjustments on January 28th:

The system tells me that I have a rating of 12k (username manucas) and have been playing against a user with a ranking of 8k (inuchanbonn).
However, from his side, he says the system tells him that I am rated as 21k, not 12k and he himself is rated as 16k. I have verified this and this is indeed what his profile shows, contrary to my own.

Any guesses on how this can be? Is this a bug or a feature? :wink:

1 Like

The problem is not on your side, but on his. :wink: He should just reload the page, or, if that is not enough, empty his browser cache.

1 Like

21k to 12k and 16k to 8k is a bit steep to be a result of the new rank system.

Probably it’s really just a cache thing, but things that I noticed that might be the case here as well:
-Maybe the toggle is towards rating and not rank, try toggling that, maybe it glitched.
-Does it appear wrong in the game chat? During the rank reload, chat ranks were all over the place, but they seem to work fine now.
-Are they having the same issue with other accounts, or just yours and their own?

3 Likes

That worked - thank you!
He deleted all “cookies and other website data” and now the results are the same as from my point of view.
I am surprised, since the problem had been going on for a few months now and I did not expect this to be a cache/cookie problem.

Thanks a lot!

3 Likes