Weird Trophy sorting

I don’t really get this but I lost in the final round of the tournament and I didn’t get a trophy but it gave a trophy to someone that I beat earlier in the tournament. Is this based on ranks or how does that work?

I didn’t time out to my knowledge and I didn’t resign from the tournament.

If this is normal, could someone please explain how they work.

4 Likes

Welcome back. We haven’t seen you around for a long time.

4 Likes

That can legitimitely happen in double elimination. But it’s much worse here: the player listed as 3rd wasn’t even in the last 4 players playing. Very strange, definitely a bug.

Considering that ambaleuri is disqualified danielmatias would be the 4th normally.

I think there was the double games bug in this tournament (mentioned many times and present sporadically for years), and https://online-go.com/player/444278/Haze%20with%20a%20Z has 3 defeats:
  1. Tournament Game: Live 9x9 Double Elimination Tournament 2022-10-07 02:30 (95387) R:5 (Haze with a Z vs GrandPseudonym)

2. Tournament Game: Live 9x9 Double Elimination Tournament 2022-10-07 02:30 (95387) R:6 (pewsus vs Haze with a Z)

3. Tournament Game: Live 9x9 Double Elimination Tournament 2022-10-07 02:30 (95387) R:2 (Haze with a Z vs GrandPseudonym)

This probably put him behind. According to the API he was 4th.

Please ignore, the first was a victory