Werewolf Game 4 - Conscription

I’ll join.

3 Likes

:+1: :laughing: :+1:

:wolf: :robot: :vampire:

8 Likes

@HHG

Just look at the full quote and put in the poll that you want to play. Or go up to the top and do so.

2 Likes

Alright, this seems like a popular idea, then. I’ve updated the rules and replaced the witch with an emoji curse. It seems like we have plenty of participants this round!

6 Likes

About the emoji curse, how does the two sentences restriction work if you are cursed?

4 Likes

I like the changes in removing the witch in favor of the random emoji curse. That is a far more objective curse, since the witch leaves open to too much interpretation of whether someone has violated the spirit of the rules.

I think the problem that we’ve had in previous games is that they were far too small, forcing big moves early since there is a great sense of urgency with little room for delay or error. However, if we have a dozen (as we do now) or more players, the game play will probably be much richer and nuanced. We will actually get an opportunity to analyze voting patterns, and it probably would not be a good idea (unless they got very lucky) for the detective to reveal early in the game.

7 Likes

Large game!!! :smiley::smiley::smiley::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

6 Likes

So exciting!:partying_face::sunglasses::poop:

2 Likes

I hope we get more!

@S_Alexander, @Eugene, @fiddlehead, @Chinitsu, @You_Know_Me, are you interested in playing?

5 Likes

Will we have this maybe quiz(see test 3)? If so, when do we get it?

Anyways, Get hyped for game start!!! :smiley:

Pretty sure it starts at 2020-06-08T16:00:00Z

Emoji party:
:smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Fourteen players seems like the kind of thing that could lure me out of retirement. I’ll let you know in a day or two.

8 Likes

two sentences = at least 4 emoji

8 Likes

As the number of players grows, we do have the need for more evil players. I think 3 evil players in a game with 14 will be necessary. We might also have to add a second bodyguard to give the protection-faction relatively the same amount of power.

5 Likes

3 out of 14 seems good. A long time ago on a different web forum, we used to play with 4 out of 18, and that seemed to work well.

A second bodyguard is possible, but probably a pretty significant advantage to the town. The town already greatly outnumbers the werewolves and also has the advantage of vote analysis.

EDIT: actually, since the bodyguard is relatively weak, maybe this isn’t an issue. The bodyguard doesn’t really do much to slow down the werewolves, since they die in place of the person targeted. So, it’s pretty much guaranteed that an innocent will die each night.

The Wikipedia article has some suggestions and analysis

In practical games, however, it kind of just comes down to guesswork.

4 Likes

I vote for having 1 bodyguard. Not my call though, and Vstovep was keeping it hidden, so I am excited to try knowing the roles, but not the number of each role.

6 Likes

I almost decided to join, but I think I’ll enjoy spectating more; I’m too much of an abstract strategy game player for it, I think. It looks like a really fun setup, though!

Is conlanning similar to conlanging? If so I find it quite interesting. Is it similar to Toki Pona if it had a logography? Or do you assign phonemes to the emoji for a syllabary and/or alphabet? Is it isolating and analytic? That seems the natural choice, but I could imagine declining an emoji to a similar looking one. Do you have a lexicon and grammar?

3 Likes

:point_right: << :speaking_head: :capital_abcd: - :open_book: :open_book: :open_book: :school: >> :+1::slight_smile:

5 Likes

Translation: I’m here to play go, you disgraces. :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

He is more of the disgrace, on the forums not playing all of the forum games.

5 Likes

Might have misspelled the word.

A language needs not be spoken; but grammar? sure! I have no records of my old work so probably might as well start from zero, out of memory. I wasn’t very advanced at the time, so, whatever.

Something something about a language library? I do not recognize your particular dialect, my friend.

(Oh, nevermind, I followed the link)

5 Likes