Werewolf S06: An Emperor in Atari

Kao may you improve soon, you have the info you need.

:x: :exclamation:

:question: :question: :question:

:night_with_stars: :ghost: :arrow_right: :skull_and_crossbones: :question:
:night_with_stars: :ghost: :arrow_right: :open_umbrella: :question:
:horse: :man_shrugging:t4:

5 Likes

Lord Nghtstalker’s refusal to answer the question perplexes me. Surely an assassin in his position would be eager to claim to be the seer. Given the circumstances and the public demand for an answer on this question, I don’t see the reasoning behind continuing to be so vague.

Considering the fact that I’m not an assassin, Nghtstalker can’t be the seer, but I’m confused about this strategy. He’s either an assassin or a very misguided innocent who doesn’t realize the damage he’s doing to our position.

5 Likes

@Nghtstalker, if you’re innocent and not the seer, I have no idea what has gotten into your mind.

I can only conclude that you’re an assassin trying to create confusion, thus I will keep my vote on Nghtstalker and will not vote for RubyMineshaft tomorrow. Ruby would only be suspicious in the case where Nghtstalker is the seer, and since he refuses to lay claim to that role, I will refuse to believe Ruby is suspicious.

4 Likes

Clement Sericus hid in his room even after his ill-advised consumption, and remained in a feverous dream, remembering celebrating exotic festivals brought back by his ancestor. They were once sent to the oriental land of Seres as unofficial ambassadors, missionaries, and scot for potential allies in those difficult times.

But the dream of his beloved families only brings brief solace before being waked up to face hard walls and a cold dense cell, accompanied by constant bickering across the hallway. Clement only pray there will be peace in this forsaken place and let God shed his wisdom upon us, and guide us to make the right choice.

OOC. Sorry that I need to spend some time with my family during the Chinese New Year Holidays, and couldn’t respond in time. And hope everyone has good fortune in the year of the Ox.

8 Likes

OOC: No problem, hope you have nice holidays. :slightly_smiling_face: :partying_face:
But it would be nice if you (or better, your character :wink:) could also say something about your opinion on the matter of seer and assassins.

2 Likes

Ruby is not worthy of a response… A serpent in our midst.

As I said I thought you were men of wit. But one needs to hear all things said and understand. You will learn who are the assassins one way or the other. But If I die you will regret it.

1 Like

“Nightstalker, clearly no one is understanding you right now. We don’t fully understand your motives, and even if you believe someone is evil, you can still answer a question they ask. I think that if you were an assassin, you would probably have voted by now honestly, but the same goes if you have intel. What is preventing me from voting so far is that people have voted and it feels they are voting you to not stand out. Therefore, I am going to wait a bit longer to place my vote,” this prisoner commented, and went into the corner to idle.

6 Likes

:horse: :thought_balloon: :night_with_stars::ghost: :arrow_right: :x: :dagger:
:horse: :thought_balloon: :night_with_stars::ghost: :arrow_right: :x: :male_detective:
:horse: :thought_balloon: :night_with_stars::ghost: :arrow_right: :crazy_face:

:arrow_right: :arrow_right:
:horse: :thought_balloon: :x: :skull_and_crossbones: :night_with_stars::ghost:

:horse: :thought_balloon: :mantelpiece_clock: :sun_with_face: :crescent_moon:

2 Likes

Translation:

Kaos thinks Nghtstalker is neither an assassin nor a seer, just crazy. Therefore, Kaos thinks let’s not kill Nghtstalker, but wait another night.

If Nghtstalker is innocent and does not want to be killed, I want him to first proclaim loud and clearly if he can see or cannot see. This is a matter of life and death, not for fooling around with words and baseless accusations.

I will believe Nghtstalker for the time being if he claims he is the seer, I will also believe Nghtstalker for the time being if he claims he is not the seer. As long as it stays unsure, Nghtstalker is an assassin for me.

2 Likes

Even with eight of us remaining, it feels like we’re approaching a pivotal moment in this conflict. And I’m now wondering why Lord Haze has chosen to delay his vote. With this decision he avoids the appearance of a fellow assassin who just wants to remain inconspicuous by going with the flow. But doesn’t that decision carry some obligation to explain why you feel that Nghtstalker may still be innocent? You seem to agree that his behaviour is highly incriminating. Why then the delay? Are we now getting into some of that reverse psychology I briefly referred to earlier?

I’m reluctant to even raise this point. But the odds of not surviving another day are alarming, and I feel I have to play whatever cards I still have.

1 Like

One of the guards doing the nightly watch spotted a parchment over the bed of—now empty—Chamber V, clearly left there by the recently deceased Erastos ( @Sanonius ) the morning before his passing.

Feeling a solemn sense of curiosity, he deciphered the long unsteady traces and forceful calligraphy to reveal message:

“They asked me: now that I’m dead, is it worse on Earth or in the Afterlife? I tell them: in the Afterlife! There are even more of you lot here.”

The guard rolled his eyes and continued his patrol.

OOC: Also, Happy New Lunar Year to all players, from the hosts of An Emperor in Atari

5 Likes

it feels like we’re approaching a pivotal moment in this conflict

You and Lord Ruby against Lord Nightstalker?

Although I suppose I have taken my position with my first two votes, for better or worse, and must stay my course. Better to reach whatever coast there is, be it Britain or Barbary, Carthage or… Constantinopolis, and alight on the shore and meet what awaits us, than to float in the sea until we are all torn apart by the circling sharks.

“Thou hast reached the shore; get out,” as the Emperor Marcus wrote?

2 Likes

OOC:
I am not sure we should communicate with OOC for in-game discussion, or I could have used it the previous night. And I was still on our way back from our trip - the second day of the Chinese New Year is traditionally reserved for visiting relatives on the mother side of the family (初二回娘家), so I’ll be brief about my thoughts.

I think for some reason Nightstalker is trying to attach all of our attention, and I got an uneasy feeling we are missing something or being mislead. Feels Nightstalker has a death wish, playing like a hidden Minion role in the One Night Ultimate Werewolf game. I am even suspicious of the Guards having some unknown agenda still not telling us, which might drop it on us at any point.

5 Likes

OoC:
Happy Lunar New Year to everyone!

Other than that,

1 Like

Clement Sericus repent for his sins to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
:pray: :man_white_haired: :angel:

4 Likes

Well my Lords, I have heard whisperings among the guards and I might be taking a ride with the ferryman.

Alas for all of you…

῾Ο λύχνος τοῦ σώματός ἐστιν ὁ ὀφθαλμός· ἐὰν οὖν ὁ ὀφθαλμός σου ἁπλοῦς ᾖ, ὅλον
τὸ σῶμά σου φωτεινόν ἔσται·23 ἐὰν δὲ ὁ ὀφθαλμός σου πονηρὸς ᾖ, ὅλον τὸ σῶμά σου
σκοτεινὸν ἔσται. εἰ οὖν τὸ φῶς τὸ ἐν σοὶ σκότος ἐστί, τὸ σκότος πόσον;

lucerna corporis est oculus si fuerit oculus tuus simplex totum corpus tuum lucidum erit
si autem oculus tuus nequam fuerit totum corpus tuum tenebrosum erit si ergo lumen quod in te est tenebrae sunt tenebrae quantae erunt

1 Like

Forgive them Lord they know not what they do…

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

"Χαίρε Ιωάννη,

Due to internal conflicts and to preserve further discord between the prisoners, @Nghtstalker was summarily executed, may God forgive his sins.
The situation is under control and no further investigation is required*.

May God grace the Emperor and may Mother of God protect us all."

Søtsten Badukson :crossed_swords:

(*Not that you would care, παλιοτόμαρο, Søtsten thought.)

Søtsten, based on the rumors he heard, decided the suspicions were strong enough to create a situation that could excuse an execution, if anyone asked. His night guys were loyal and that nest of vipers was a never-ending change of sides. He had to act.

He was increasingly anxious; not that this particular death would have an impact on his Judgement, that Scale had turned crimson long ago.
Still, he hoped to do his duty and protect an Emperor, in this twisted turn of events those two fallen men had found themselves into.
He left the office restless, eagerly waiting for the following night and more whispers.

Nikitas entered the executed prisoner’s cell for the regular sweep.

-Hey, Mario, there’s a note in here with your name on it!

Nikitas had a loud, booming voice and the bander echoed through the stone walls.

-You’re an idiot, Nikita, it says “Marco”, not “Mario”. Let’s go play some dice, you brick.

3 Likes