Werewolf S06: An Emperor in Atari

Night of January 31st, 6710 ε.Κ.

Søtsten had a bad feeling on his way to the Tower, so he expected that report on his desk.
Things were getting serious.

He went outside to deliver the extra rations to his guards, the poor guys that got the night shift instead of going to taverns to celebrate. If any wine were to make the rounds, he wouldn’t make much of a fuss about it. Just sayin’.

He then started his usual rounds. A loud cough was coming from @KAOSkonfused’s cell. He would probably have a tough night, but probably nothing serious. He shouted “Keep it down!” and left it at that.

He would listen in, do his rounds, and after his shift he would go and drink until he forgot he ever existed. Best way to get into a new year, wipe out the last one.
He started murmuring an old song, his low voice sounding eerie and at the same time comforting in that tower tombstone.
“Πίνω και μεθώ,
ωχ αμάν μέρα νύχτα τραγουδώ…”

3 Likes

Night Shift 3 has started
Players can interact during the night, until Day Shift starts at 2021-02-13T18:00:00Z

@KAOSkonfused has Emoji Disease and will only be able to post emojis for night phase 3.

Who do you think is an Assassin and should be reported to the Night Warden for execution?

1 Like

:wave:
:horse::arrow_right::face_vomiting:

:horse::thought_balloon: :night_with_stars::ghost: :arrow_right: :male_detective: :question: :man_shrugging:t4:

:horse::thought_balloon: :no_entry_sign: :skull_and_crossbones: :night_with_stars::ghost: :bangbang:

1 Like

Translation:

Hi
KAOS is ill,
KAOS thinks Nghtstalker is maybe the seer? Don’t know
KAOS thinks let’s not kill Nghtstalker

I think Nghtstalker is the either the seer or an assassin, with RubyMineshaft being either an assassin or an unknown innocent role. If Nghtstalker is claiming that RubyMineshaft is an assassin, I’m willing to eliminate Ruby first, on the condition that Nghtstalker comes out and says straight that he is the seer.

If Nghtstalker is lying about being the seer, in the rather large chance that the seer is still alive, this claim can be confronted, increasing the number of potential assassins.

Not coming out as the seer while still making claims that somebody is an assassin, sounds to me like somebody trying to sow discord, and is in any case a bad strategy for an innocent, as we already have little certainty as is. Hence, as long as Nghtstalker stays vague, he’s more suspicious in my eyes than anybody else.

Make no mistake: I think the best course of action is to report both Nghtstalker and RubyMineshaft.

5 Likes

:+1:
:horse: :arrow_right: :bowing_man:t4:

Rest in peace Sanonius. We hardly knew you, and we can only speculate about the level of anguish you endured.

Shortly after we arrived here, Lord Ruby let it be known that if the occasion arose, he would yell bloody murder. That’s a far cry from committing bloody murder, yet Lord Nightstalker persists in presenting Ruby as a dagger-wielding assassin. He heard the same words the rest of us heard, but he repeatedly associates the word dagger with Ruby. I don’t believe this to have been a series of momentary lapses. It’s far likelier that he tossed the words out there in the hope that we would carelessly fail to make this important distinction, that it would somehow get lost in all of Ruby’s suspicious bluster.

You’ll have gathered by now that I’m none too pleased with Lord Ruby. To be sure, his behaviour bears very close watching. But in a narrow sense I feel that he’s been getting a raw deal here. As things now stand, if anyone is to be reported today, Nightstalker should be that person.

4 Likes

“These nights are endless, and a man can sleep through them,
or he can enjoy listening to stories, and you have no need
to go to bed before it is time. Too much sleep is only
a bore. And of the others, any one whose heart and spirit
urge him can go outside and sleep, and then, when the dawn shows,
breakfast first, then go out to tend the swine of our master.
But we two, sitting here in the shelter, eating and drinking,
shall entertain each other remembering and retelling
our sad sorrows. For afterwards a man who has suffered
much and wandered much has pleasure out of his sorrows.” Ah Homer…

Another night for us and another death. Κύριε, ἐλέησον on the soul of Sanonious.

But for us. I hear your whisperings… Those who speak plainly are clearly not assassins. The choice remains me or Ruby …

I thought I was dealing with men of courage and wit did they remove your ears as well as your eyes? Have you no rememberance of my whispers? Or has the pain of thy blinding fogged your mind?

1 Like

:night_with_stars: :ghost: :exclamation:
:male_detective: :white_check_mark: :question:
:male_detective: :x: :question:

:question: :question: :question:

5 Likes

Kao may you improve soon, you have the info you need.

:x: :exclamation:

:question: :question: :question:

:night_with_stars: :ghost: :arrow_right: :skull_and_crossbones: :question:
:night_with_stars: :ghost: :arrow_right: :open_umbrella: :question:
:horse: :man_shrugging:t4:

5 Likes

Lord Nghtstalker’s refusal to answer the question perplexes me. Surely an assassin in his position would be eager to claim to be the seer. Given the circumstances and the public demand for an answer on this question, I don’t see the reasoning behind continuing to be so vague.

Considering the fact that I’m not an assassin, Nghtstalker can’t be the seer, but I’m confused about this strategy. He’s either an assassin or a very misguided innocent who doesn’t realize the damage he’s doing to our position.

5 Likes

@Nghtstalker, if you’re innocent and not the seer, I have no idea what has gotten into your mind.

I can only conclude that you’re an assassin trying to create confusion, thus I will keep my vote on Nghtstalker and will not vote for RubyMineshaft tomorrow. Ruby would only be suspicious in the case where Nghtstalker is the seer, and since he refuses to lay claim to that role, I will refuse to believe Ruby is suspicious.

4 Likes

Clement Sericus hid in his room even after his ill-advised consumption, and remained in a feverous dream, remembering celebrating exotic festivals brought back by his ancestor. They were once sent to the oriental land of Seres as unofficial ambassadors, missionaries, and scot for potential allies in those difficult times.

But the dream of his beloved families only brings brief solace before being waked up to face hard walls and a cold dense cell, accompanied by constant bickering across the hallway. Clement only pray there will be peace in this forsaken place and let God shed his wisdom upon us, and guide us to make the right choice.

OOC. Sorry that I need to spend some time with my family during the Chinese New Year Holidays, and couldn’t respond in time. And hope everyone has good fortune in the year of the Ox.

8 Likes

OOC: No problem, hope you have nice holidays. :slightly_smiling_face: :partying_face:
But it would be nice if you (or better, your character :wink:) could also say something about your opinion on the matter of seer and assassins.

2 Likes

Ruby is not worthy of a response… A serpent in our midst.

As I said I thought you were men of wit. But one needs to hear all things said and understand. You will learn who are the assassins one way or the other. But If I die you will regret it.

1 Like

“Nightstalker, clearly no one is understanding you right now. We don’t fully understand your motives, and even if you believe someone is evil, you can still answer a question they ask. I think that if you were an assassin, you would probably have voted by now honestly, but the same goes if you have intel. What is preventing me from voting so far is that people have voted and it feels they are voting you to not stand out. Therefore, I am going to wait a bit longer to place my vote,” this prisoner commented, and went into the corner to idle.

6 Likes

:horse: :thought_balloon: :night_with_stars::ghost: :arrow_right: :x: :dagger:
:horse: :thought_balloon: :night_with_stars::ghost: :arrow_right: :x: :male_detective:
:horse: :thought_balloon: :night_with_stars::ghost: :arrow_right: :crazy_face:

:arrow_right: :arrow_right:
:horse: :thought_balloon: :x: :skull_and_crossbones: :night_with_stars::ghost:

:horse: :thought_balloon: :mantelpiece_clock: :sun_with_face: :crescent_moon:

2 Likes

Translation:

Kaos thinks Nghtstalker is neither an assassin nor a seer, just crazy. Therefore, Kaos thinks let’s not kill Nghtstalker, but wait another night.

If Nghtstalker is innocent and does not want to be killed, I want him to first proclaim loud and clearly if he can see or cannot see. This is a matter of life and death, not for fooling around with words and baseless accusations.

I will believe Nghtstalker for the time being if he claims he is the seer, I will also believe Nghtstalker for the time being if he claims he is not the seer. As long as it stays unsure, Nghtstalker is an assassin for me.

2 Likes

Even with eight of us remaining, it feels like we’re approaching a pivotal moment in this conflict. And I’m now wondering why Lord Haze has chosen to delay his vote. With this decision he avoids the appearance of a fellow assassin who just wants to remain inconspicuous by going with the flow. But doesn’t that decision carry some obligation to explain why you feel that Nghtstalker may still be innocent? You seem to agree that his behaviour is highly incriminating. Why then the delay? Are we now getting into some of that reverse psychology I briefly referred to earlier?

I’m reluctant to even raise this point. But the odds of not surviving another day are alarming, and I feel I have to play whatever cards I still have.

1 Like

One of the guards doing the nightly watch spotted a parchment over the bed of—now empty—Chamber V, clearly left there by the recently deceased Erastos ( @Sanonius ) the morning before his passing.

Feeling a solemn sense of curiosity, he deciphered the long unsteady traces and forceful calligraphy to reveal message:

“They asked me: now that I’m dead, is it worse on Earth or in the Afterlife? I tell them: in the Afterlife! There are even more of you lot here.”

The guard rolled his eyes and continued his patrol.

OOC: Also, Happy New Lunar Year to all players, from the hosts of An Emperor in Atari

5 Likes