Werewolf S06: An Emperor in Atari

Lord Nightstalker, please stop casting aspersions on others. When the wolves attack the flocks of Lombard sheep in the depths of night, when they graze in their highland pastures, what good is it for them to attack and kick each other, and lose themselves in pointless quarrels as the ravenous beasts take what they will under the cover of darkness?

Don’t even deer in the forests of Gaul, when cornered by spear-hunters, close ranks in a circle and each protect each other’s flanks against their common enemy? Let’s do the same, and not be drawn into division.

3 Likes

I don’t know, I think it would be good to learn more from the seer than just about two people.

But, whatever is real here, I think the smuggler should protect Nghtstalker on this following day, just in case.

1 Like

Lord Ruby, you are being most obstinate in this. If your memory needs jogging ask around and I think you’ll find that Nightstalker said what he said as plain as day. Are you really going to align yourself with hired goons? It’s not too late to change your ways.

“With friends like you, who needs enemas?”

7 Likes

In this case, if Nghtstalker is the seer, coming out tomorrow night will give us no benefit, since the smuggler can’t save him for a second day. If the assassins suspect Nghtstalker from being the seer, he will be dead in two nights regardless of what happens. So in this regard it does not matter whether Nghtstalker comes out now or tomorrow night.

However, by coming out now, the assassins don’t get the coming day phase to come up with a plan to counter a reveal by the seer tomorrow night.

5 Likes

@RubyMineshaft and @bugcat, although @Nghtstalker is surely suspicious, there is also a chance that he is covertly trying to lay claim to the seer role. If we were to accidentally report the seer ourselves, surely the assassins will have no obstacle left but a couple of poor blind dishonourable nobles between them and Isaakios.

I suggest both of you revert back to your original vote.

2 Likes

Oh how I wish Lord Caulis Brassicacaeus or whatsisname was still among us! His sharps wits would surely help us. He would have used sharp and cunning words to confuse evildoers in a net of their own lies.

I sure wonder what Lord Nghtstalkers reasons to accuse Lord Ruby are.

2 Likes

I regret to say that Lord N.S. has made himself suspicious to me with his attempts to indict others.

I feel that we may be the doves and he the cuckoo, and that he is deciding which of us to push from the nest. When the blood is corrupted, the hand must be lost for the good of the arm, or the arm for that of the whole body. We may lose one more of our number tonight, but will it be by our hands?

2 Likes

I am resolute in my vote. If this is intended to be a claim to be the seer, my vote is further cemented given the fact that I know myself to be innocent.

Of course, I understand that no one else can know this so I do not expect others to blindly follow, but it is not possible for me to vote otherwise.

4 Likes

Your resolution is both respectable and valuable in our current situation. Whatever happens, we can be certain that either @RubyMineshaft or @Nghtstalker is an assassin.

When I might not be here to speak another night, please remember this clearly as time passes…

7 Likes

It is simple we have one or more assassins in our midst… I have been clear and direct in my conversation. One needs only to ponder…

We must make a decision, sometimes one has to listen carefully to the whispers. We need to eliminate the assassins or be eliminated ourselves. For those who have ears to hear hear, I cannot say those to have eyes to see … ( a chuckle at our fate)

If I die I have repented, if I live I serve the Romans…

4 Likes

Your stubbornness, on the other hand, is not helping you much, lord @Nghtstalker.

Today we have no certainty whether @RubyMineshaft or @Nghtstalker is an assassin, but as our numbers dwindle, we should make sure that both are reported on time. If the seer does not reveal himself, I suggest to report Nghtstalker tomorrow, and RubyMineshaft the day after.

3 Likes

Is that so Vsotvep? Well then you have ears but cannot hear. Stubborn hardly so… I simply trust that I am among noble and well thinking men.

1 Like

Any who embraces their innocence should find my proposal an agreeable fate.

1 Like

You claim to have evidence and sources that prove me to be an assassin, but you offer to reveal nothing. Why are you unwilling to make the claim to be the seer if you have evidence? It’s clear from where I sit that this is because the real seer would inevitably counter your claim and reveal you for the wolf you are.

1 Like

Lol, sources are not named so they shall live… But those who listen to you will not escape the dagger …

1 Like

Søtsten allowed himself a moment to daydream about previous New Year’s Eves, when he would be preparing his best armor to accompany the Emperor, organizing last minute guard duties and exchanging notes for after-party festivities with noble ladies.

Worth lamenting, but a past life. Ah, ὅ γέγονε γέγονε (what is done, is done).

He still had a task at hand, but his job was done for now. He needed rest.

4 Likes

Night Shift 2 has ended. No prisoner received the majority of votes, so nobody was reported to the Warden for execution.

Prisoners are not allowed to communicate in this thread until the next Night Shift begins.

1 Like

Ioannis had spent the night in the Tower. He walked down to the office where he found no report, only the keys.

Nothing new seemed to have happened. “They are still unaware, probably. This should buy me some time… my patron would be very glad with this development.”

2 Likes

Day Shift 2 has started.

Only players with special characters can interact in their designated threads until 2021-02-11T18:00:00Z

2 Likes

Χαίρε Søtsten.

The Nuncius arrived today with the response for your request. Our superiors have kindly sent word of their efforts, at great personal expense, to spare a portion of their budget in spite of remarkable limitations.

“Cheap bastards!”

I also regret to inform that our guest from Chamber V, the Archiman-

— Γαμώ το μελάνι μου μέσα! (censored) —the ink spilled all over. Leiros dried it up with a piece of cloth, and then scratched the stain with his dagger, like a skilled scribe would. “Not everything can be covered up, I suppose.” He let out a worried sigh.

the Archimandrite by the name of Erastos has passed, may God forgive his earthly sins. His face was sunk in his porridge, what we believe is the cause of his demise. All food was forcibly thrown away, and the maidens are scrubbing all utensils thoroughly.

This chain of misfortunes has made our occupants restless. Please, if you may find such kindness in your heart, see that they sleep during the night.

God Almighty, lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil.

Ioannis Leiros :mermaid::trident:

Leiros wasn’t about to spend two consecutive nights in that wretched Tower.

“I need some rest. Maybe head down to the βαλανεῖον (Roman bath), there’s no life inside this dungeon. This job is going to be the death of me.”

At the end of Day Shift 2 @Sanonius was found dead.

Day Shift 2 has ended
Players may no longer interact in their designated threads, until the next shift.

4 Likes