Werewolf S06: An Emperor in Atari

῾Ο λύχνος τοῦ σώματός ἐστιν ὁ ὀφθαλμός· ἐὰν οὖν ὁ ὀφθαλμός σου ἁπλοῦς ᾖ, ὅλον
τὸ σῶμά σου φωτεινόν ἔσται·23 ἐὰν δὲ ὁ ὀφθαλμός σου πονηρὸς ᾖ, ὅλον τὸ σῶμά σου
σκοτεινὸν ἔσται. εἰ οὖν τὸ φῶς τὸ ἐν σοὶ σκότος ἐστί, τὸ σκότος πόσον;

If we do not choose who will make the Koliva and pray for your soul? I will speak to the guards… You know my choice. Gird your loins and make a manly choice with me…

2 Likes

Marco, I can appreciate that there is great value in sharing stories from our past. But if it’s all the same to you, I’d prefer to remain focused on the crisis at hand, especially as I seem to have become a suspect.

It may interest you to know that I’ve been plagued by strange dreams since my arrival here, In these dreams I travel very far ahead in time, to places and modes of living that are bizarre to me. But the scenarios I face are remarkably similar. And, to make a long story short, I feel I’ve been through this before. For the most part it doesn’t end well, or such is my vague impression. You know what shape-shifting things dreams can be.

Ioannis Leiros, if you’re listening, and if it can be arranged, I would like my parting note to read as follows:

“Don’t worry, I’ve grown used to it.”

2 Likes

“Marko, how did you find this note? Are you sure it wasn’t just something you wrote?”, asked Zal, “Well thank you for sharing the note with everyone. Even after death, everyone’s words mean something. It may seem weird, but this feels to show me that I don’t have to leave anyone behind. We can all make it through this together.”

3 Likes

Marko, Haze asked how did u find this note? The better question is how did u read it ? If you were blinded? If not then why are u here?

1 Like

More importantly, why is noble @Nghtstalker trying to report @RubyMineshaft as a potential assassin?

4 Likes

“Manus serit, oculi metunt” – “The hand sows, the eyes reap.”

In this case, manus Caulis serit, metuí manuum meárum – Cauliflower sowed with his hand, I harvested with mine.

It seems he was a heavy writer, Lord Nightstalker, and treated his pen more like an etching stick than a pelican quill; in his work on the parchment, he left indentations on the sheet beneath such that I was able to uncover their meaning with my fingers.

4 Likes

That’s a nice save Bugcat!

My Lord Vsotevp Because he will be revealed to be one… Learn now or later, perhaps at your own expense.

Trust me on this…

A remarkable occurence indeed Bugcat…

My Lords I say again if you and perhaps the emperor wish to live to see another day… Let the guards know that Ruby is an assassin in our midst. I have both sources and reasons…

1 Like

I would be most curious to hear these reasons, sir. I have endured your baseless personal attacks on my and my family’s honor since the moment I arrived at this God forsaken tower. I cannot fathom the reason. Jealousy over my family’s wealth? Or perhaps it is my notoriety you covet?

I have tried to turn the other cheek and not be provoked to violence, but I shall no longer abide such defamation. If you have evidence of your claims please lay it bare.

Lord @fiddlehead’s inconsistent claims that I had been accused before, coupled with your now forthcoming accusations lend me to find the two of you incredibly suspicious. I had not intended to vote for anyone today, but this turn of events has changed my mind. I am changing my vote to report @Nghtstalker this night.

EDIT:

OOC: The poll appears to have been closed early. Was this intended or can it be reopened?
@Gia @Leira

5 Likes

OOC: This is very strange. It does not appear as closed from my end.

OOC:

It still says that it closes in an hour, but I it won’t allow the show vote button to be clicked in order to change votes.

As a moderator, I have a button there to open it again. Since this doesn’t seem to be intended, I’ll just reopen the poll.

2 Likes

(OOC: it’s just what Leira said: “To be precise, everyone can write (it doesn’t go away with blindness). They can probably feel the lines of ink too.”)

2 Likes

Your vaguery and reluctance to share neither your sources nor your reasons makes for a good amount of suspicion. Not enough yet for me to change my vote, but you are by far the most suspicious character of us all at this moment in time.

3 Likes

OOC: probably a bug. Thanks for reopening it.

Everyone please check that your votes are correctly registered before the voting deadline.

2 Likes

Why are you saying this? Are you claiming to be the seer?
I said before, it’s not wise to reveal yourself so early if you are the seer, so why are you accusing Ruby?

2 Likes

OOC: Please everyone make sure to finalize your interactions by the Night Shift end.

I disagree, if the seer has found an assassin, we’re best off knowing it immediately.

Day break still takes 50 minutes, doesn’t it?

2 Likes

Yes.

But nobody should post anything after I close the shift.