Werewolf S06: An Emperor in Atari

OoC: If the Seer investigates a person during the day, and he finds out the target is innocent, he notes down the name. Thus, if he dies, the other prisoners learn about persons who were investigated and found innocent.
If he finds out the target is an assassin, he doesn’t write down the name, he has to tell the other prisoners (if he chooses), otherwise they will not learn about it.

The note found in Nghtstalker’s cell is not addressed to bugcat, it has bugcat’s name on it. A guard found it so the announcement can be made, the prisoners are alerted by the voices and find it where the guard left it, without making much of it (he had to play dice), in the wall crack. The rest of the text is something like “I followed Marco and he didn’t do anything suspicious”.

tl;dr NghtStalker was the Seer; bugcat was checked and found innocent.

2 Likes

NOTE:
The post-mortem notes that didn’t include players’ names aren’t part of the game mechanics.
inb4: the post contained a player’s name, not the note.

To avoid further confusion, no more post-mortem notes will be left.

—Silence! This is a prison, not some tribute to Dionysus—warned Ioannis—Don’t force me to report any executions today

3 Likes

—Alright, alright, back to your cells, come on!—said Leiros, instructing his men to herd the prisoners back into their chambers.

There was nothing to report. Last night’s execution had made everyone restless and confused, but it broke the spell of “incidents” that had been occurring this far. “Maybe that’ll satisfy Søtsten, so he stops sniffing around like a mad hound.”

At the end of day shift 3, no one died and everyone was accounted for.

Day Shift 3 has ended
Players may no longer interact in their designated threads, until the next shift.

3 Likes

Night of February 1st, 6710 ε.Κ.

Søtsten arrived late after an interim of debauchery like no other (=like any other really).

It seemed @Vsotvep had a sore throat; well, he’d have to walk it out, Søtsten was in no mood to pamper his prisoners. He needed a pillow, but he had to make his rounds.

Last night’s execution was bugging him and even the past few hours couldn’t get it out of his mind. Something was off.

3 Likes

Night Shift 4 has started
Players can interact during the night, until Day Shift starts at 2021-02-16T18:00:00Z

@Vsotvep has Emoji Disease and will only be able to post emojis for night phase 4.

Who do you think is an Assassin and should be reported to the Night Warden for execution?

3 Likes

:rooster::speech_balloon::wave:
:crescent_moon::leftwards_arrow_with_hook::rooster::hocho::night_with_stars::ghost::arrow_right: :scream_cat: :bowing_man::cry:
:night_with_stars::ghost::x::dagger:
:night_with_stars::ghost::speech_balloon::crazy_face::arrow_right::rooster::thought_balloon::man_shrugging::man_shrugging::question::question::question:

:rooster::thought_balloon::crescent_moon::arrow_down::gem::pick::railway_track::arrow_right::skull::skull::skull:

3 Likes

:sunny::arrow_down::x::dagger::skull::exclamation::warning::exclamation:
:scream::scream_cat::arrow_right::dagger::question: :supervillain: :three::question:
:shield::one::question: :supervillain: :two::question:

2 Likes

Alright then, I’ll wade into it here.

The chicken says hello?
Earlier in the night shift, chicken wanted to execute Nghtstalker, which led to much astonishment and grief?
Because Nghtstalker turned out to be innocent?
Nghtstalker speaks bizarre things, leaving chicken confused and bewildered?
Chicken now thinks that when the nightshift ends, Ruby Mineshaft should be railroaded into death?

3 Likes

:arrow_upper_left::jp::arrow_right::rooster:

:rooster::arrow_right::face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Translation (attempt):
The day is over and the assassins didn’t kill anybody! Heads up!
How many assassins are there? Are there now three assassins (because they targeted a coward)?
Or was one person protected? And there are still only two assassins?

3 Likes

:white_check_mark:

1 Like

Ruby is a condemned man as things stand. The remaining assassin’s best shot is to convert the coward and try to swing the vote somehow. If the coward was protected in the last day shift (which we don’t know for sure) he’s vulnerable in the next one.

Somehow we have to sniff out that other assassin quickly.

2 Likes

Initially I figured Vsotvep for the coward and Ruby as the seer masquerading as the coward. As more information came in I reversed that position. Now with Ruby confirmed as an assassin, I’ve gone back to my original idea that Vsotvep is simply the coward. The smuggler must protect Vsotvep next if that’s possible, which I fear it isn’t.

1 Like

:scream_cat: :scream::x::thought_balloon::scream::scream_cat:

2 Likes

Vsotvep is right, @fiddlehead - the coward has no idea that he is a coward, at least not before the assassins come to get him.

2 Likes

El Ka-Oz lets out a hoarse, suppressed scream and punches the wall with his fist repeatedly. These … idiots, what have they done! , he mutters under his breath.

The seer is dead now, the only person who could have helped us finding the assassins… Although, as it seems, he did find one of them and let us know, so that is the good side of it. And at least no one was killed during the day. I hope that’s because the smuggler made a good choice in protecting the one the assassins wanted to murder - and not because the assassins bribed someone to become one of them. Maybe let’s just assume the first for now.

And then let’s go through everything again… He closes his eyes as he tries to remember the conversations from the previous nights.

So, Ruby is an assassin, so much is clear.
Marco (bugcat) is innocent, we also know that for sure.

Vsotvep has been most helpful in our discussions - I strongly assume he is innocent.
I, El Ka-Oz, have hopefully proven to everybody to be innocent by repeatedly expressing my doubts regarding Nghtstalker’s execution.
Zal (Haze) was quite calm so far, but also didn’t want to vote against Nightstalker, as the only one beside myself. Probably innocent.
Fiddlehead believed Nghtstalker in the beginning and suspected Ruby - probably also innocent.
That leaves only Clement (Claire) of whom we don’t know much yet. But as everyone else gives me an impression of innocence, I am inclined to believe he might be the other assassin.

3 Likes

El Ka-Oz, my early impression of Nghtstalker was that his suspicion of Ruby was acceptable as a theory, but nothing more than that. As time passed, his refusal to consider the possibility that it was wrong was alarming to me. He could have put my mind more at ease by coming out as the seer. However, it seems he became infatuated with the idea of falling on his own sword. He made it virtually impossible for us to not execute him.

If Vsotvep is an assassin, he would never have offered Nghtstalker that deal. He would never have locked himself into an arrangement that would have him vote to execute his supposed partner Lord Ruby. He had every reason to believe that Nghtstalker would take the deal, and I’m sure the outcome surprised him as much as anyone else.

Lord Haze is the only one of us who didn’t vote last night. I considered the possibility that he was just indisposed, unavailable. But he had commented earlier. Something about everyone else just wanting to avoid being conspicuous. You seem to feel that his absence in the vote suggests innocence, but I see it as evasive, something for a person who wants to remain in the shadows. As evidence goes it’s very thin stuff, I admit. But I’ll be watching Lord Haze very closely now.

3 Likes

Somehow we have to sniff out that other assassin quickly.

Lord Fiddlehead, there were four members of the contra Nightstalker camp.

• Lord Ruby himself,
  • Lord Vsotvep,
  • me,
  • and you.

Lord Ruby has been, it seems, discovered as the assassin. Let us put him aside.

In his note, the late Lord Nightstalker absolved me from the collective suspicion. That leaves you and Vsotvep; it is likely that one of you is the assassin. As I recall, you pushed the case against Nightstalker more energetically than Vsotvep did.

Therefore, don’t you, Lord Fiddlehead, seem the most suspicious candidate as the second assassin?
Is that why you’re so set on “sniffing him out”, as you have first set misleading words about yourself like strong-smelling herbs?

Empta domus fuerat tibi ducentis:
Abstulit hanc nimium casus in urbe frequens.
Conlatum est deciens. Rogo, non potes ipse videri
Incendisse tuam domum?

“You paid two hundred for your house;
An accident too common in this city destroyed it.
You collected ten times more. Doesn’t it seem, I pray,
That you set fire to your own house?”

2 Likes

Lord Bugcat, why do you assume that the remaining assassin must belong to what you call the contra Nightstalker camp? As I recall, there were five votes against Nghtstalker, with Lord Haze not voting at all. Will you not at least consider Claire Yang and Haze as suspects?

We had good reason to suspect Nghtstalker. We are hardly to blame for the fact that he refused to identify himself as the seer, which would have worked to our greater advantage. Given Lord Ruby’s behaviour, we would almost certainly have sided with Nghtstalker if he had only been more open about it, and we’re now paying a heavy price for his decision.

3 Likes