Werewolf S06: An Emperor in Atari

It’s unfair to accuse Lord V. when he’s incapable of properly defending himself.

If an accusation was to be made against him, it should have been done earlier when a discourse could have taken place. To do so now appears a bit opportunistic, no?

I’m afraid this does nothing to sway my intention to vote for you, Lord Fiddlehead.

3 Likes

For a man whose ability to communicate is impaired , he seems to have had plenty to say. Yet he’s incapable of identifying who he suspects, even through the format I laid out for him? And I’m not responsible for his condition. Sometimes ideas just come up in due course. The timing is coincidental.

1 Like

He’s not incapable, he doesn’t want to and he made that clear. Even if you should not agree with his opinion, I really can’t see how that would make him suspicious. The opposite, actually – any assassin would rather take the chance to join and accuse someone innocent.

2 Likes

Alright then, I’ve made my case and I’m done with it. I’m going to take a long nap. Somebody please wake me when it’s time to vote again. If I’m still alive.

1 Like

THE GAME IS NOW PAUSED

Dear Players,

Please wait for an update soon. Meanwhile, please don’t interact on this thread or in your designated threads.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

3 Likes

The Open Call thread has been updated with an explanation. You can follow this link.

2 Likes

THE GAME NOW RESUMES AS NORMAL

The pause is over. The game now continues.

2 Likes

"Χαίρε Ιωάννη,

Due to internal conflicts and to prevent further discord between the prisoners, @RubyMineshaft was summarily executed, may God forgive his sins.
The situation is under control and no further investigation is required.

You will be pleased to know that a late order arrived just after you left last night.
In his infinite wisdom, our Emperor has decided to accept the pleas that Lord’s Zal granddaughter has been making in place of her late mother, and Lord Zal @Haze_with_a_Z has been returned to his family.
Thankful for God’s Grace, Lord Zal has decided to devote himself to a life of penance, and will reside for the rest of his days in the Monastery previously owned by his family, praying for the favor of our Holy Roman Empire and for all our sins.

May God grace the Emperor and may Mother of God protect us all."

Søtsten Badukson :crossed_swords:

Søtsten felt a slight twitch as he was writing about that family’s devotion to save a falsely accused man, so long after he had been rendered useless; probably just the cold. Nothing an early cup can’t fix.

4 Likes

Night Shift 4 has ended. @RubyMineshaft received the majority of votes, so he was reported to the Warden for execution.

Prisoners are not allowed to communicate in this thread until the next Night Shift begins.

Leiros read the note. He’d not seen Lord Zal in his cell coming in, and had assumed that his age had finally gotten the best of him.

It was, however, relieving to know that the old man wouldn’t have to suffer some gruesome death. He’d been imprisoned long before, and didn’t have any business with the deposed Isaakios. And as moving as the Emperor’s mercy was, he couldn’t afford the same for the rest of the prisoners, who’d already sealed their fate when they decided to back the former despot.

“Ruby’s just another pawn. Another trade in this Zatrikion.”

Day Shift 4 has started.

Only players with special characters can interact in their designated threads until 2021-02-18T18:00:00Z

4 Likes

OOC:

Dear players

As you’ve been informed @Haze_with_a_Z will no longer be playing. No replacement will be made.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Werewolf Game 6.0 Open call

OOC:

Hello Players,

For reasons outside the game, I’ll not be available today nor Saturday for the shift change. So, we’ve decided to extend this day shift another 24 hours, until 2021-02-19T18:00:00Z, which would fix the scheduling issues. Players with special roles can extend their submissions until then.

Otherwhise, please take it as a short vacation, if you will. :wink:

Thanks for your understanding, see you tomorrow.

3 Likes

Søtsten woke up drenched in sweat, immediately freezing in the evening winter currents.
He hadn’t dreamed for a long time, but he yelped himself awake.

In his dream, blood was pouring on a flag bearing the Byzantine star and crescent emblem, drenching the flag in red. An emperor carved in marble was trying to light the flag on fire, and screams were heard all over.

4 Likes

Another day passes and there’s nothing to report. Rumors had got to Leiros’ ears that a different threat was brewing outside the city walls.

“They better get this over with soon”, he frowned. Every day Isaakios remained alive was another missed opportunity.

At the end of Day Shift 4, everyone was alive and accounted for.

Day Shift 4 has ended
Players may no longer interact in their designated threads, until the next shift.

3 Likes

Night of February 2nd, 6710 ε.Κ.

Søtsten didn’t know what to make of things; he urgently needed information tonight.

Clement Sericus really didn’t have a stomach for prison food, it seems he got an allergy reaction again. Søtsten had seen Ακρίτες with worse food rations, so his pity run short.
He continued his rounds.

2 Likes

Night Shift 5 has started
Players can interact during the night, until Day Shift starts at 2021-02-21T18:00:00Z

@Claire_yang has Emoji Disease and will only be able to post emojis for night phase 5.

Who do you think is an Assassin and should be reported to the Night Warden for execution?

2 Likes

Good evening, my friends. It seems my throat is working again.

I wish to clarify my position from yesterday, and why I find @fiddlehead a bit unfair, as I did give clarification as best as I possibly could.

I was trying to say that it is not good to make an overview of which people are most suspicious / least suspicious the day before of the actual execution of the most suspicious person, since in the night, this would provide the assassins with information on who to execute: namely the least likely assassin.

Hence, although I honestly had no idea yesterday who to suspect, and still have barely any leads right now, I did not want to make a person more suspicious, on the chance that the assassins could use this information to eliminate people who are not suspect.

Apart from that, trying to explain why I would find a certain person suspicious would be very difficult without being able to speak, thus I saw little in trying to do so either.

2 Likes

Fellow innocents, when exactly would the time be appropriate for us to make known our suspicions? In seeking and collecting opinions I’m simply making the point that we can’t afford to operate in an information vacuum. If it’s still possible for the assassin to convert one of us to his cause (which I believe to have happened) then one more dead innocent spells doom for us all. Do we not have catastrophe bearing down on us?

It so happens that most of us have indeed expressed an opinion in this matter. Except for Lord Vsotvep that is. Apparently he proposes to do nothing today, which is clearly not an option. I understand that his recent illness limited his ability to communicate, but certainly not to the extent he claims. And, of course, this continued evasiveness is what one would reasonably expect from somebody who is now in league with an assassin.

I have one more point to make, and I regret that I didn’t make it sooner. On the day we voted to execute Nghtstalker, we established that either he or Lord Ruby had to be an assassin. It turns out we were dead wrong about Nghtstalker, which is tragic indeed. But, at the very least, we performed our duty as Issakios loyalists and took our fifty-fifty shot and prepared to live with the consequences. El Ka-Oz however voted to execute neither. He would have you believe that his defense of Nghtstalker establishes his innocence. But if he felt so strongly about Nghtstalker, why in the world did he not vote to execute Lord Ruby? My friends, I think you know the answer to that question. Add to this his baseless attack on Clement, then his rather indignant response to my suspicion of Lord Vsotvep, and I believe you are left with a highly, if not overwhelmingly suspicious individual.

I have nothing more to say except to wish my fellow innocents continued life and, hopefully, prosperity. We shall see how it goes. If you should meet Issakios in the hallway, please send him my regards, and please tell him we loyalists did the best we could.

2 Likes

Is it honestly a catastrophe? If we kill the actual assassin first, we’re in a bit of trouble, but if we kill the coward first, it’s an instant win, so although we have a harder time finding agreement about the right person to vote for, we have a larger target, so to say. There is also still the possibility that the assassins did not choose to kill, or that the assassins bumped into the smuggler twice in a row. If I were not a noble, but a mathematician, I might be able to figure out the balance, but alas, a noble has only so much time to spare.

I’m voting for nobody at this time, since I honestly don’t know who to suspect most. I do plan to vote before the day ends, though.

On top my list is lord Fiddlehead for his sudden and slightly irrational attack on me, but honestly I don’t know why Clement or El Ka-Oz could be trusted either. I find the attempt by El Ka-Oz to prove himself innocent through just stating that there is evidence for it a bit suspicious as well.

The only one I do not suspect, is obviously Marco.

2 Likes