Werewolf S06: An Emperor in Atari

The game has now ended.
Thank you everyone for participating. :slight_smile:
One of the moderators can now open the kibitz to the public, so everyone can participate in the discussion.

4 Likes

Thanks for the game. :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for your participation. It’s been a pleasure to host you.

2 Likes

Thanks for the game, guys!

2 Likes

Really really sorry to put you on the spot. Please don’t be mad … :fairy: :fairy: :fairy:

3 Likes

KAOS should be used to that by now, she always seems to find herself in that position in these :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Thanks for you and @Gia putting on such effort as game masters. And tolerate our constant bombardments of questions and judgments, it must have been tough for you guys as well.

And I sort of trying to lay off suspicious and acting like newbies toward you guys which I doubt would work next time.

3 Likes

I’m a bit confused about the ending, to be honest, how did @bugcat die?

1 Like

Unfortunately @bugcat missed the deadline. We ruled out other options, so his death was decided. By his own hand, apparently. Incidentally, he also had the roll of the Coward.

4 Likes

Which deadline? Didn’t bugcat vote as well as post?

Ah, I now see the post was 20 minutes after the deadline.

1 Like

By the time he posted, the day had ended, and the poll was closed. We were already preparing the ending.

We had not put up the day end post only because we usually post them all together, and we hadn’t finished preparing. But his post was certainly some time after 2021-02-24T18:00:00Z

3 Likes

Yes, that seems fair and consistent with the earlier failed assassination in the 3rd night.

I think for future games we need to find better timing rules to prevent these kinds of mishaps, possibly something as easy as pausing the game, since it’s difficult to play the game when you also have to account for players to be temporarily missing in action, thus possibly playing completely differently from expectations. Especially since it’s already quite difficult to catch people lying, with the whole thing being in written form.

As for voting, I still strongly prefer private votes that are made public when the round ends, to prevent the “just-before-the-deadline” betrayal scenarios.

3 Likes

I’m not mad (like Ruby said, I’m kind of used to it already :wink: ). You played really, really well.

5 Likes

ty for the game!

I hope it was fun for everybody…

Did no one understand my Greek and finally Latin hints?

4 Likes

I assume it is a hint that you are the seer?

Although I thought basically everyone already got that you claimed to be the seer at that point.

1 Like

Indeed, I left a hint in Greek. And on the last day in Greek and Latin… For those who have ears to hear

1 Like

Part of my play was predicated on the fact that in real life who would have known that someone was only partially blinded. And I thought by taking a principled stand my noble confederates would take that as a hint also. : ) I was wrong.

2 Likes

I didn’t even try to translate your hints, honestly…
I just thought your behavior was too odd as that you could be an assassin. We had a bit of a similar situation in one of the previous games, I think, where the actual seer behaved so suspiciously that no one believed him, and I tried to learn from that mistake. :grin:

5 Likes

The ironic thing is that the first day we assassins used discobot rolling random numbers to decide who to target, and the first random number actually targeted you @Nghtstalker. But I accidentally double replied with a second random roll and we decided to use the second number instead (and ended up targeting @yebellz). If we had listened to discobot the first time, this game could have been very different with the seer dead the first day and couldn’t say anything.

BTW, I am curious, why did you decide to check Ruby the first day? Did you also choose randomly?

5 Likes

Especially in the beginning you do not have much to go on. Something about what he said and how he said it made me investigate him…

I also think some or most of you have played these together before, and so I was the unkown factor in a sense. Not part of the group. Easier to discount.

But I gave what I thought was a very good Scriptural quote as my hint. It also kept with the time and place as all nobles would be familiar with scriptures. I did not translate it into English as I figured people need to do a bit of footwork. : ))

3 Likes