Western Dan Challenge (Kyu player prizes too!) UPDATE: $1550 in prizes now!

I only got 1 :sweat_smile::woman_shrugging:.

I wonder if anyone else got exactly 1, the shame of statistics :stuck_out_tongue:.

5 Likes

Me too! I also only finished one game in February.

In case anyone doesn’t believe me: my profile page

5 Likes
Spoiler, do not open

I know I will get rickrolled, I do it on my own accord each time.

I finished 4 games, but only one ranked 19x19 so only 1 that counts.

4 Likes

Nice music brah :joy: sadge your flag counter doesnt accept pirates tho. I feel somewhat misrepresented now.

2 Likes

The flag counter doesn’t look at the OGS profile, since it is operated independently of OGS and just guesses location based on IP address.

1 Like

Yeah I understood that, just kidding. ^^ Nice profile page :smiley:

1 Like

I thinks I got my 100 games on OGS. Was really hard and happy to have participated. Will try to continue to play with a similar pace. Also looking forward to the baduk store coupon, I have been dreaming of buying myself a nice goban.

Overall great event and hope to see more in the future.

6 Likes

Yeah, this was a neat event - in my case the WDC met it’s goal: After all these games OGS kinda grew on me, I discovered a bit more of go and I made some nice accointances. I sure will continue to play on OGS more often than I did before. ^^

8 Likes

@Gia Well 1000/Games wit min time Setting 1+5/10 means, 37 Games/Day, with average 15 minutes per game which is very fast, you would need 9,25h per day without any break, and find an opponent immediately, so in practice lets say you wait 5 min per game which means the time goes up to 12h and these are very conservative estimations. I saw that 50% were correspondence games, but even there you will use some time. So in practice, maybe he went to work or school but had Go as a major distraction. Furthermore, I did not judge him, wether he is on holiday or whatever.

1 Like

Thank you for the math.
Still not a nice thing to say, and if you don’t see why, I can’t help you.

6 Likes

If you play correspondence games, you don’t need to wait for the opponent’s answer. Say you spend 3 seconds per move, and play 100 moves/game, then the time spent on each game is 5 minutes. Completing 1000 games in a month represents 3 hours/day. Some people spend 5 hours/day watching stupid things on TV or on the internet, so why not 3 hours/day on go?

8 Likes

Bruh… you make it sound as if Sofiams performance was valid only if it was given under the same conditions as yours: That’s not how it works.

10 Likes

Thanks to all the people who “defended” me. I think I should add an answer too. I am an university student and I did 5 exams in February. I passed only 4 of them but I think it’s not because of this challenge. I spent all the mornings studying. That can be considered as a part time job. I was lucky in having a lot of free time, yes. But I did not use all of it in this challenge. I never used a stopwatch but 3 hours a day like jlt said more correct than 6 or 12 in my opinion. Sometimes even less I would say. Sometimes more, but rarely.
I was lucky because I had so many correspondence games. They started in December, so most of them were almost finished.
Averaging 36 games a day was not easy for me but I affirm that the double is completely doable by opening more correspondence games. I will not prove it though :rofl:
Btw, 723 blitz games is much more impressive than what I did!
P.s. I am a girl, “he” is not appropriate :yum:

25 Likes

'Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate

10 Likes

Lmao ^^

1 Like

9 on CGS and gotstats is counting 328 games on OGS, Pretty accurate count. I counted manually, letting out cancelled games and got 331, but there are a couple of games where the opponent disconnected after few moves, so obviously those games were left out also.

I am surprised that here are not many that reported more games. I was sure that Sofiam will be number one, and also I was sure that are more many with hundreds of games, but few of them bothered to read the forum.

I even did not hoped to be on top three, and for sure I am not, but I was curios to see if I get at least in top 25. Clossius did not published the results, so for sure he still not finished yet counting the games of the registered participants.

4 Likes

I think he said it could take a week or more since he has to manually inspect games across a few different servers.

3 Likes

I’ve noticed that Clossi hasn’t streamed for a week. Hopefully just because of game inspecting and minor RL stuff, and not anything serious.

2 Likes

The question that rises to me is, if the games did’nt start in February, are they counted? Wasn’t the condition, that the games need to be started and ended in February? No offense intended

No that was covered. Just have to end in Feb

4 Likes