What do I do if my opponent escapes?

No matter the server, no matter the game, there will always be jerks. These jerks will occasionally ‘escape’ in the middle of your game. How do we deal with this on OGS?

####Scenario 1####
If you believe that your opponent is having connection issues, you can pause the game (from the in game menu on the right side of the page) and attempt to communicate. Maybe even set up a mutually beneficial time to resume the match. OGS offers private messages and a mail system to facilitate this communication.

####Scenario 2####
Let your opponent’s clock run out. This is an endorsed solution on OGS. An escaper loses the game this way. If you are worried about your opponent going back into the game while you are not looking, you can turn on browser notifications. The notifications will alert you that it is your turn, so long as you are logged in to OGS.

####Scenario 3####
In the event that you get a dedicated jerk as an opponent, one who refuses to accept stone removal, cancels the stone acceptance, then passes in an attempt to force you to time out, please contact a moderator. You can find a list of the current OGS staff here.

#####Note:#####
If you accept a game and your opponent is AFK you can cancel the game with no consequence. It will not affect either yours, or your opponents ratings.

6 Likes

That link to the current moderators didn’t work.

It brought me to a post on the forum which was not a list of moderators.

:slight_smile:

Maybe this is what you meant to post:

This is an old thread.
Current best method is to use “Call moderator” button in the game window. The button is in the right hand side menu that pops out when you hover your mouse over the menu buttons.

5 Likes