What does the Auto-Score button exactly do?

In the scoring phase of the game, there an “Auto-Score” button. I have been hesitant to try it, since manually marking the stones is easy enough, and I wasn’t sure if that button would automatically commit the user to using the auto-scoring.

What exactly this button do? I guess it would attempt to automatically make life/death determinations, but does it also automatically accept/commit the user to that determination? Or are you still able to modify it if something was marked incorrectly?

3 Likes

Hello, it does exactly what you thought, it marks the board according to what the computer thinks (basically reverts it to original position before anyone pressed anything).

You can still change it afterwards and both you and your opponent still need to accept. It is only usefull if you mess up the board by accident and want to quickly reverse the changes :slight_smile:

8 Likes

LOL I’ve always wondered how to reset the board.

And I’ve always been to scared to press “Auto Score”, not for a moment imagining that it reset the board, and that’s all :smiley: :smiley:

6 Likes

Thanks, good to know that I’m not the only coward here :sunglasses:

6 Likes