What is good way to drop out from ladder?

Hi,

I am planning to drop out from the ladder.
I learned that simply clicking the “drop out of the ladder” button is not working.
If I time out of the ladder games, can I be kicked out of the ladder?
Or do I have to time out and then click the “drop out of the ladder”?
What if I just don’t make a move in a game challenged by someone?

I do not want to be impolite to anyone, so please share your experience/ thought on how to drop out of the ladder.

Thanks!

3 Likes

The “drop out of ladder” button should work… which one do you want to leave? 9x9 or 19x19? any mod can drop you if requested if the other method isn’t working

4 Likes

Thanks! I want to drop out from19x19 ladder.
I wish my dropping out does not make my current opponent disappoint, if possible.

But please do what you can do while you are available to do it!
I ask my opponents (probably who are challenging) for the understanding.

Thank you for reaching out!

S

3 Likes

I’m not sure but dropping out doesn’t mean that you resign your games too. It means that your games will continue, but not be being counting for the ladder.

Someone correct me if I am wrong

4 Likes

Correct, the games will continue and will still be ranked, they just won’t count for ladder position

2 Likes

As if it is not enough that you melt in summer, you also want advice on how to drop from a ladder?

1 Like

Just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
Don’t need to be coy, Roy
Just listen to me…

1 Like

Documentation & FAQ says about withdrawing:

Withdrawing from a ladder will not automatically resign you from any ladder games you are playing. If a person you were playing withdraws from the ladder, then your game becomes a normal game and will not count towards ladder position.

No correction needed, just a confirmation. :+1:t2:

For those who don’t know where to find the HELP function, click the three lying bars left of OGS logo and select Documentation & FAQ.

1 Like

Your mastery of OGS forum always astonish me

3 Likes

Thank you. I am just a curious person with a lot of time to do some research.
Some time ago I wrote the Forums page in Documentation & FAQ.

In doing so I learned a lot (but not nearly enough) on OGS forums.

2 Likes

Problem now is that the ‘drop out of the ladder’ button is not working. I will try time out one of the on-going games on ladder, so I can be kicked out for timing out on ladder game.

1 Like

It’s a known bug.

1 Like

Yeah, I searched the keyword and realized that this has been there for a while.

What is magical about olaf is that he is not melting in summer now thanks to Elsa!

4 Likes

Ok you should be all fixed up now :slightly_smiling_face: sorry it took a little bit

1 Like

Thanks!