What is the rule about time out now

not really

This thread has evolved to the main problem here: Rank Distortion.
It’s the suggested reason for the time out rule. It is also the reason for the standard 13k rank.

but I already see that i am getting nowhere with this.
As this matter is personally not that important to me i just stop wasting my and your time here

1 Like

Talking about math, i am under the impression that my simulation is the first piece of arguments (for both sides) that actually have numbers (although someone thinks it is not REAL math). Would you care to show us some other quantitative evidence which you (and the team) base your decision on?

2 Likes

Actually, I’m on the side of argument thinking that these rules are not best for the side. :slight_smile:

If you recall, I’m the one that started the “13k is harmful thread” :smiley:

I specifically am not part of the “OGS administration team”, though I do happen to volunteer source code updates that I think will improve the place.

However, although I do tend to object to blatantly wrong arguments from either side :smiley:

In fact, I prefer my side to make unassailable arguments calmly, so they can’t be shot down or distracted :slight_smile:

I admire your maths, and you should stick to that line of proof in this discussion. So far I found the responses underwhelming, but it is actually early days in the much needed “what if” exploration using your simulator. It would be naive to think “Oh, I wrote a simulator now everyone will agree”. Rather, now that you have a simulator onside, there will be lots of questions and probes that it should be able to answer.

GaJ

Just for the record I did not write that simulation. I don’t want to steal other people’s credit. I just plug in the numbers.

And I do hope whoever is in charge will make good use of that simulation

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.