I’m new to OGS and it is the only Go server I’m using at the moment.
I played my first blitz game ever and received offensive language in the chat section after my win.
Is there a way to report that kind of behaviour or is this tolerated here and I just have to live with it ? I tried to find and answer but I didn’t. I initially thought “Call moderator” button was for that, but my gut feeling is that it’s more for in-game help. Am I wrong ?
Thank you for reading me.
Yes, it is also for such cases.
It’s this game apparently: https://online-go.com/game/8588447 so people can know which opponent to avoid.
Thank you, next time I’ll use the button.
Oh! I just found another button. When I click on the user, I have “Report” button. It feels appropriate.
If they are swearing they are too gobsmacked to accept the reality that they just lost to someone who they deemed so small, insignificant, pathetic and weak. In this case it is best to calmly collect the stones from the goban and present the bowl of black stones to your opponent. Slowly, reach out from the bowl and place 9 stones onto the star points (or a stone on each star point for smaller boards) and obviously, with great composure and humility, ask him to play a handicapped game.
Don’t try this at home, obviously. @trohde said it all, report him!
We (your lovely moderators) may not be able to respond right away, but we take the reports seriously and will get to them when we’re able.
Trohde: Thank you for the link. I was genuinely shocked at the language, so out of character in my experience with the OGS culture and the genial courtesy of its players. I do have a question: Setting aside this particular incident, are there standards of conduct for OGS players which, if violated, may well result in expulsion?
Please refer to the Terms Of Service —> Official Full Version —> Code of conduct
[quote]Code of Conduct
By using our service you agree not to:
- Cheat at any games provided by Online-Go.com
- Threaten, harass, or stalk other members.
- Upload, post, or otherwise make available any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, offensive, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful, or otherwise objectionable content on Online-Go.com or any service which utilizes Online-Go.com Widgets or Software.
- Impersonate any person or entity
- Disrupt the normal flow of dialog or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to communicate through or use Services provided by Online-Go.com
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law
Solicit or advertise for any competing Go services[/quote]