When reviewing a game and using the left arrow key to navigate, MoveTree branches disappear

I am not sure what the correct way of reporting a bug is, please let me know if I can report it on GitHub for better visibility.

When I review a game and I use the left arrow key to navigate the move trees, my branches dissapear. Moving with the right arrow key in a forward direction is fine.

When I refresh the page, they are visible again.

Observe:
0d162974b9a82a391dfdfff7ad9e1138

4 Likes

Thanks for the report, and thanks especially for including detailed steps to reproduce the issue along with a screen capture!

I think this has been reported on the Forums before, but I couldn’t find a corresponding GitHub issue. I went ahead and created a tracking issue here: Branches disappearing during review · Issue #2392 · online-go/online-go.com · GitHub

3 Likes

Hi @LeSac,

What browser and operating system are you using? I’ve been unable to reproduce this, though apparently it’s affecting several people so I’d love to get to the bottom of it.

Also, if you could link me a review where you reliably see this that would be very useful. You can PM it to me or paste it here.

1 Like

Hi @anoek !

Every review I visit or create myself has this issue, for example 010: be careful about getting cut.

Chrome: Version 118.0.5993.89 (Official Build) (64-bit) with plug-ins disabled on OGS.
Operating system: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19045).

Let me know if I can do anything more to help you solve this!

4 Likes

FYI @LeSac while I’m still unable to reproduce it, however another team member finally was (though not very reliably yet) so hopefully we can track it down.

2 Likes

This should be fixed as of today!

The root cause was related to analysis being disabled for the game under review. @LeSac, since it happened for you on every review, I wonder if you have analysis disabled globally in your preferences?

Regardless, if someone is still seeing this, please report, since it’d be a new/different issue…