When was the last time you had fun playing go?

OH I am 15k too

At the moment, there is at least one moment each day when I have fun playing Go (I only play correspondence games). But sometimes, days go by where I don’t really enjoy playing and only play to make sure that I won’t time out.

3 Likes

I find Go is loads of fun! Every game. The anticipation of what will happen. How tough will the opponent be? What fuseki will they play? Then the thrill of the chase. The exciement of the fight. And I’ve always loved logic puzzles so reading life and death on the corner or a critical ko fight is fun in itself (that’s why I live tsumego too). And I enjoy the social side with my Go friends IRL and online. Plus, of course, there’s the fun of seeing yourself improve over time and it’s nice to win sometimes too. So, yeah, for me, fun all round :grin:

8 Likes

It’s a good tracking tool used correctly (i mean something like normally) which is what you do.

1 Like

20 minutes ago

4 Likes

Game is fun when you try a trolling move :smiling_imp:

It’s more fun when your opponent asks if it’s a misclick :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

It’s most fun when the move isn’t properly punished :rofl:

A game from one or two days ago. Maybe not the last time having fun, but the last time having that much fun in a while. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

:rofl: evil @terrific

2 Likes

Yes, that ain’t funny go. That’s funny tricking or trolling. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Does watching go count? Then that was 2mn ago.

1 Like

Is not the same as playing go but i feel there was a meme about this. Or if not there should be!

2 Likes
3 Likes

5 minutes ago, last game I played. I enjoy most games, but I mostly play 9 x 9.

2 Likes

For me, playing go is almost synonymous with having fun, so the opposite question would be harder to answer (“When was the last time I didn’t have fun playing go”).

Those cases occur (for example a very trolly online opponent or a bad beat in an important IRL game), but not often and I don’t remember when was the last time. Also, the frustration wears off quickly for me and the best remedy is playing another game of go!

6 Likes

I almost have fun each time (otherwise what’s the point of playing?), except when I have long losing streaks like 5 losses in a row. This doesn’t happen too often, fortunately.

4 Likes

It was in 2016, I tried to defeat GNUGo as if it is AlphaGo, who destroyed mankind pride. And when the game ended, I won + 200 score :wink:

4 Likes