When you challenge someone, Fischer initial time can't be less than 10s

The title explains it well :slight_smile:
I had noticed this before but I always thought it was my mistake when setting up the game.
Today I realised that it is systematic, if you put 5,6,7,8 or 9 seconds as initial time they become 10.
This happens only if you directly challenge another use, not if you open a custom game.

2 Likes

Seems like Max Time is fighting with Initial Time and Time Increment. If you decrease both Increment and Initial below 10, you should be able to pick a shorter max time as well.

Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 8.59.43 PM

Source Code

TimeControlPicker.tsx

if (tc.time_increment > tc.max_time) {
            tc.max_time = tc.time_increment;
        }
        if (tc.initial_time > tc.max_time) {
            tc.max_time = tc.initial_time;
        }

I don’t think this behavior is new, but maybe there’s a more intuitive way for this to work?

2 Likes

I must admit that I hadn’t thought of that, but it doesn’t seem to work. 5s+ 1s up to 5s becomes 10s+ 1s up to 10s, 9s+9s up to 9s becomes 10s+ 9s up to 10s. I guess it also happens with all values in between

Edit: I realised that what I wrote has little to do with what you said, but at the same time what you said has little to do with the bug I reported, I think :stuck_out_tongue:
The problem I was pointing out concerns the Initial time, which is changed to 10 if it is less than 10 (only in direct challenges), not the max time.

2 Likes

I think you’ll notice that my screenshot shows both initial time and max time less than 10s…

Did you try decreasing initial time first, then decreasing max time?

I do notice the original report mentions main time, but there is no “main time” in Fischer. Are we talking about different systems? I know there’s main time in Byo-yomi

and yes, I promise I'm testing direct challenges!

The problem is not that I can’t select less than 10, I can, but that when I send the challenge, the initial time (which I have so far mistakenly called main time, now corrected everywhere) is converted to 10 seconds

If you click “send challenge” and I accept it will become 10 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ahh okay! I see what you are saying! Thanks for clarifying :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@_Sofiam i am writing a bug report on GitHub… quick question- when I sent you the challenge, did it show you the original time settings (7-3-7) or the new time settings (10-3-10)?

2 Likes

10-3-10.
Thank you!

3 Likes

No, thank you!

Edit: Oops wrong link

2 Likes