Where would a book club belong in this forum? New subforum?

quoting @jlt, and considering @arkiuat mentioned this book above, perhaps this would be a very good test case for book club:

I’d recommend to study tesuji (like in the book of Davies) before reading this one

2 Likes

I’d be happy to participate in a reading group for Tesuji by James Davies (note: I also mentioned it above).

Should we start a reading group for Tesuji by James Davies
  • Yes, I will participate
  • No, let’s do something else… (post suggestion)
  • Maybe / unsure
  • Not participating in general
0 voters

Let’s also consider the format. What if instead of using a thread for each chapter (which may facilitate asynchronous participation), we just keep all of the discussion about the book in a single thread, and try to work through the book one chapter at a time, with a somewhat set schedule/pace to advance through each chapter. Of course people would still be free to bring up discussion earlier or later chapters?

What do you think of maybe setting a schedule of working through each chapter every 2-3 weeks?

1 Like

Agree.

Agree.

Not sure about this. Could be too long or too short period.
How about stepping to a next chapter when the discussion dies down?

2 Likes

I guess I figured that participation would be asynchronous, as it’s a forum and replies trickle in after an initial burst of activity (or non-activity). I’m not sure I like the single thread for a book idea The discussion would be leaping all over the place.

Anyway I think there is plenty of room for different ideas to be tried out. I’ll probably start with a format that makes the most sense to me for one book. I’ll learn from how that goes. And others can try different ideas. Hopefully with different books.

1 Like