Why do reports expire?

I’ve seen in some of the posts here and I’ve also experienced it first-hand that reports made of users and games expire after a while.

I understand that it may take very long for the mods to check due to backlog and everyone is busy.
But why expire?

Is it a System limitation?

4 Likes

It’s a human limitation.

When moderators face a pile of thousands of reports, it’s super demoralising, which leads to a vicious cycle of less moderation, more outstanding reports…

We are in the process of introducing new approaches and tools to scale our ability to handle the volume of reports: scalable moderation is the ultimate answer to this problem.

7 Likes

For what i know about moderation is that it’s a big mountain of work and maybe growing more.
The go world has some requirements which may be more straight as in other games online. It’s not something that a team can’t handle but the fact is that some education is missing at times with newcomers at least. Why do i have to stay to the end? Why resigning? Why not trying to stall a bit or test the scoring?

So that’s quite a busy side on a goserver that can’t be avoided to preserve the QoL of the users and which may grow more and more as the server population grows.

So i understand the human limitation too. It surely would be better with no expiration but that is too much to ask at this time.

3 Likes

Every now and then I’m doing some OGS translation work on pootle, and that gave me some hints as to what’s in the making :wink:.

7 Likes

If it’s okay to just do during my free time I’m more than willing to help haha. Surely this can’t be more stressful than a game of Go :laughing:

4 Likes