Why my settings were not saved? Why they are not kept for new sessions I create?

That’s a different thread. The short answer is “because we are still working on making the stuff in ‘experimental’ good enough to become ‘the default’”. Personally I’d switch right now, but anoek has higher standards :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

To be honest, you are repeating yourself now.

It is clear what you expect and why.

It’s clear it surprises you the rest of the community doesn’t feel the same.

You have long paragraphs describing why what you expect is reasonable.

This indicates that you are still coming to grips with the surprise that not everyone else feels the same despite all your good reasons.

I think that in due course we’ll have a “Cookie Preference Selectors” as per the picture.

But it won’t be “soon”. As per the other picture.

2 Likes

The setting does not says exactly what it is currently experimenting. I prefer to have a known interface. I see it as something for developers and who wants to help them use. I did not even know what “zen mode” is here - and maybe I still have an incomplete or wrong idea about it.

At least with Go it’s pretty safe just to try it out. It’s not life and death! (pardon the pun)

2 Likes
1 Like

OGS even has a documentation (which is not that common feature) on github, which i invite you to visit. And complete if you think you can make it even better.
Edit Gaj was quicker!

2 Likes

Such things should be here, not in github, as Groin just wrote. It should here, or pointed by here. I will not be there navigating in code and other things. I want to use here. Eventual other ephemeral pages to read are normal.

I assure you i m not a IT guy and i didn’t cross pieces of codes.

I guess to be on github makes it easier to edit and complete.

3 Likes

Actually, such things - documentation of OGS - are on OGS, and pointed to from there:

This is just the forum where helpful people help other people, unless other people become unduly whiney, at which point we tend do start to making fun of them, it’s hard to resist that.

1 Like

You posting this legendary image once again in context of this topic somehow gave me inspiration to develop it in new direction. I know it’s slightly off topic, but I don’t know where to put it tbh.
Hope you’ll appreciate it nonetheless. @GreenAsJade

1 Like

LOL awesome!

You should put that illustration in the documentation :wink:

(Fascinatingly, I was about to note that Zen mode does in fact include the game-clock, so you should not fog that out … but now I see @stonedefender missed the game-clock in the original cockpit :open_mouth: )

I also thought that clock should be added, but then I think it’s part of image’s value. Like original exaggerated amount of settings and different switches in ogs interface this image exaggerates minimalism of zen mode. I think image would lose some of its appeal if you’ll add clock, it’s one of those happy accidents IMO.

2 Likes

I just noticed that this thread

was not referenced earlier here in this thread.

That’s an oversight: maybe the existence of this proposal is what @avique needs to feel like someone is actually listening. I’d previously assumed it was linked here in this thread.

So: it honestly is further down the track than many OGS feature requests: there’s solid support behind it and even an idea of how it will be achieved.

All it needs is someone to get it to the top of their list to actually implement it, I think. That’s about the second-to-last bump in the bumpy road picture :slight_smile:

Is there a menu in this item?? How do I access it with the keyboard? If I press space, nothing happens. If I press enter, the window with the live chat opens.

The settings page has a big left column. It has a “help with settings” item. Have you ever noticed what we CANNOT focus any of these items with the keyboard?

Conclusion: I never found any useful help item in all the OGS pages I have been.

How do I disable the stupid OGS site keyboard shorttcut that I want to use in (and have it configured to) the browser? It makes me lose time when I forget that I have to move the focus out of OGS when I want to use the browser feature here! Some times, it is hard to put the focus back to where it was, in the site.

Now you’re trolling.

You know that we have noticed, and we’ve discussed it, because you started this other thread about that recently.

This says more about you than the OGS help pages.