Why no Jigo button? (Offer Draw)

I agree, and I like integer Komi so as to retain the possibility of a draw.

I just don’t see how this follows. Having the option of integer Komi and the possibility that there is a draw doesn’t mean that you need to be able to offer a draw as a result. To me you would first need to have the function of offering your opponents the opportunity to resign…

I think if you want to achieve a draw you must:
Choose integer Komi (if you’ve chosen x.5 Komi then you’ve already accepted that there’ll not be a draw)

meme idea

[Edit: Someone cleverer than me can change this meme to say “you accepted my Komi/but now you offer a draw”]

Play so as to achieve jigo (if you’re losing and got bored, just resign. If you’re winning and got bored then play some slack moves so as to get back to jigo again (and be prepared to explain yourself for sandbagging))

It seems to me that what is really asked for might be something that annuls the game but records it visually as a draw.

I think I could probably support a function of “offer to abandon game”. Where the result is recorded as such and the effect is the same as annulment. I suspect this might actually be close to what is sought.

2 Likes