Why Palestinian flag with LGBTQ designation

You must be in the wrong parallel universe.

3 Likes

They probably just need to refresh

1 Like

Even after refreshing still

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-04-14 om 21.47.24

2 Likes

Maybe the mossad came in, did you close well your door?

1 Like

I hope it stays like this. I’m fine with Ukraine flag, I’m fine with OGS logo, I’m fine with Israel flag, but Palestine or Russia would be ridiculous

1 Like

I speak Arabic and the things I read about this topic on my Facebook feed makes me sick to my Stomach. People were actually celebrating Oct 7th and putting Palestinian flags in their pfp. I’ve seen enough to make me stand with Israel completely.

5 Likes

Oh?

I also see this here only, also after refreshing:

So that may be a case where someone manipulated some CSS or something locally (i.e. on their machine; I understand nothing of this so forgive me if I don’t use correct terminology) because they didn’t like the Ukraine-themed OGS logo?

I faintly remember that there was some thread here that discussed how to do that.

I don’t know how exactly gays are treated in Palestine but being openly gay is definitely dangerous in most Muslim countries.

But this is how Iran treats gays. THINK TWICE BEFORE CLICKING HERE, this is a horrible image — and just ONE of hundreds you can find on Google.

They also toss people who are “guilty of being gay” off cliffs or high buildings.

4 Likes

I don’t speak Arabic, but learning about October 7th absolutely removed any sympathy I had for anyone who wasn’t pro-Israel

1 Like

I believe one of the biggest problems with all this is that … we believe to be “pro” one side means being “anti” the other side …

I am an outspoken anti-fascist … yet I’ve sympathized with Palestine since the late 1970s because of the terrible settler policy of the state of Israel … yet I always found it horrible how some Arab states want to eradicate Israel … we can probably blame us Germans for how it all came to be … but then again the French and British colonialists had their part in dividing the lands and then forcing some people to move away to make place for all the Jewish refugees from all over Europe …

And now there’s this spiral of retaliation after retaliation, and every retaliation is worse than the one before …

So … what I want to say is that I have no sympathy for anyone who isn’t pro HUMAN RIGHTS, for anyone who intentionally harms any other being.

Also: all “revenge” is evil. What we need is prevention and defence, and it must be prevention and defence that uses the least necessary force.

11 Likes

I had to look up a few things and found this:

I’m still waiting for OP to clarify what they were talking about, but maybe it was just a drive-by flame war.

7 Likes

the LGBTQ uses the Palestinians to what advantage? Doesn’t it make their perception of the world look ignorant or crazy?

the disconnect is that the Palestinians are very much ANTI LGBTQ. So why is online-go combining the two in their logo? Why isn’t online-go just use the normal rainbow flag?

VERY CONFUSING!

1 Like

it’s here on the online-go website. Look at the LGBTQ flag here.

1 Like

it’s here on online-go. check it out!

The current logo is found here:

ogs_light.svg

ogs_dark.svg

No Palestinian or LGBTQ flag is in the logo.

5 Likes

I believe that with that answer, this topic has served its purpose.

In the off-chance that OP is still confused, here’s also the Palestine flag

the LGBT / rainbow flag:

and the Progress Pride flag, which is the one that can be found on some people’s country flag on OGS (and has nothing to do with Palestine):

7 Likes