Yoon's Baduk Café

A new channel for learning Go on Youtube.

I like how she goes in depth in the analyses but still keeps it accessible to all levels. If for example you want to learn about the monkey jump, check it out!

11 Likes

Yeah, Yoon Yung-Soon 8p is an awesome teacher—I’ve had the privilege to attend a few of her lessons in the Go club in Hamburg, that was fun and very enlightening.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! I gave it the usual FB/reddit treatment :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Forgive my ignorance, is
Yoon Yung-Soon 8p
Young Sun Yoon 8p
Yoonyoung Kim 8p

all the same lady with different anglicised names? Or different player with the same rank and similar name?

Those are different people.

4 Likes

/me cries in ignorant white boy

1 Like

Haha, cheer up. It’s confusing because the Asian convention is Surname Firstname, and the order is sometimes westernized (Firstname Surname) and sometimes not. Here, the order was westernized, so the surnames appear last (Yoon / Kim). The names you have up there are kind of like the difference between “Anne Marie Kelly” and “Kellyanne Smith.”

3 Likes

Yeah that makes sense. Also it seems to be at times arbitrary whether a oo or u is used in any given instance for the same Korean sound lol

Thanks for the link. Maybe @anoek will add it to the resources page.

1 Like

Although Yoonyoung Kim is a good lecturer, got to meet her at USGC.

1 Like

Good idea I’ll submit a PR for it

should be merged shortly

3 Likes

transliteration of korean vowels is indeed confusing, especially in names. as for yoon young-sun, the vowel in her family name is the same as in “book”, the two vowels in her personal name are both identical, as in “cup”.

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion (even though she was in my recommendeds anyway, as i basically use youtube to watch go, weiqi and some baduk :joy:)!

Yoon is awesome and her first videos are very promising. I love how she prepares different examples to really get into the matter. That way she can answer a lot of “what ifs” plus it makes her videos very rewatchable too, and honestly, i might have to, because she puts a good amount of information in them!

Hopefully she can gather a following so she feels good about doing this and continues to upload :smile:.

3 Likes

You can now find link to Yoon’s Baduk Cafe on OGS - Other Go Resources under Video Channels section. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Here is Master Yoon’s analysis of Chen Yaoye def. Shin Jinseo ending Shin’s win streak and dragging him back below 3700 on goratings.

4 Likes

Here is Master Yoon’s lesson for kyus on the classic L-Shape and its variants! Enjoy~

3 Likes

Master Yoon helping us sacrifice better :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Master Yoon, Urgent or Big?

1 Like
1 Like

New website for Yoon’s Baduk Cafe.
For now it seems to mostly be a plug for her YT channel. Be exciting to see where it could grow to from here!

https://yoons-baduk-cafe.com/

1 Like