You know you are a Go addict when …

You know you are a Go addict when spring-cleaning time comes and the only thing you want to do is re-oil your stones and clean up your board after a long winter of hard use. :grinning:

6 Likes

YKYAGAW you start mentally placing stones on your office bathroom floor.

15 Likes

When “Watch your p’s and q’s!” means something different than your parents thought.

4 Likes

What does it mean to you Conrad?

-p/2 ± sqrt( (p/2)^2 -q)

2 Likes

The original, at least in modern times, means to be on one’s best behavior. It was widely used when I was a child, but I think it is probably becoming archaic, as I haven’t heard or seen it used in a long time.

My go variation (which weirdly just popped into my head yesterday) amuses me because there is some sense in it. There is value in watching the professionals to see how to play, and in watching the kyus to see how not to play.

7 Likes

You play Lego this way:

37 Likes

This is a great idea!

4 Likes

“Travelling go board” !

4 Likes

Lego? Isn’t that what they call go in France? :wink:

29 Likes

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I see what you did there!

2 Likes

When you read Online Go Forums instead of waiting for the ads for Go animes

2 Likes

Seeing something like that from the driver cab and start wondering…

5 Likes

That’s what I call “The Hand of God”

1 Like

I don’t understand? Can you explain? Thanks

1 Like

… when you genuinely begin to ponder if racial disparity might be solved by Komi :thinking:

9 Likes

… when you realise that the whole middle-east situation is a big komi fight…

3 Likes

When you see that puzzle of snapping plates or tiles from that building as six go tables or six famous go games…or…

7 Likes

haha I totally missed that! (and was subsequently, also confused)
also, from here… looks like black is THRASHING in all 6 haha

4 Likes

Obviously not a true go addict!

I wondered about that. Is it possible we just can’t properly see the white pieces on the white board background? … :slight_smile:

2 Likes