You know you are a Go addict when …

… when you wake up with one bloodshot eye and naturally assume that you’re dead.

15 Likes

You find yourself staring at pictures of luxury Go boards at 2AM on a weeknight.

11 Likes

When any 4x4 poster sending me to the AI opening.4x4|349x500

1 Like

When trying to win the Western Dan Challenge seems the only possibility for you.

7 Likes

You know you’re a Go addict when:

• You spell Go the game with a capital G to avoid confusion with go the verb
  • You take a two hour lunch break from work to play Go with your friends
  • You procrastinate from writing your PhD thesis by playing Go when you should be working
  • Your response to stressful situations is to calm down with a nice long meditative game of Go
  • You fake needing a poo so you can play Go in peace
  • You play a game of hypothetical questions with your wife and she asks what would be your favourite things to bring you back from the dead with a voodoo spell and you have to resist the temptation to immediately answer “Go board and stones, obv!”
  • Your wife complains that you play Go so much it seems like you love Go more than her so you say “Of course not” but inside you know that really…
    (Joke, obv!)
  • You’re annoyed when a YouTube search for GoPro comes up with loads of videos of people with a camera on their helmet
  • You finally admit, after years of denial, that you play too much Go so you decide to take a break but your “break” consists of doing tsumego, reviewing pro games, watching GoPro Yeonwoo on YouTube, going on OGS forums, etc…
  • You’re happy when you go somewhere that has signal because you can play Go online
  • You’re happy when you go somewhere that doesn’t have signal because you can finally have a look at those tsumego you downloaded
  • You feel the need to post on a web forum about how you’re a Go addict like it’s some sort of Go addicts anonymous meeting
18 Likes

I feel so seen!

3 Likes

With this Western Dan Challenge I’m procrastinating playing Go to write on my PhD thesis…

10 Likes

I’m so happy to make this comment a Nice Reply :3

2 Likes

… you now subconsciously press shift when you hit enter, because that’s how to descend a line in a GoKibitz comment box without posting.

3 Likes

16 Likes

no comment Go Memes! 🧐 - #2287 by b_runner

2 Likes

When you’re playing around with https://avavt.github.io/gotstats and you see things like these (disclaimer, not me):

3 Likes

Australian wildfire nocturnal POV

3 Likes

We call them bushfires :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

… B2 bombers invade your subconscious.

7 Likes

… when you try to post off-topic content in LLL but there’s no escaping

9 Likes

It’s a no-go. :stuck_out_tongue:

Neat idea though: a leather board which also is a bag for stones

3 Likes

That’s a Tafl set.

7 Likes

Everything is Go if you try hard enough.

7 Likes

((( shhhh… they play inside squares!!! ))))

2 Likes