You want play Rengo (Pair GO) on OGS?

I like to see rengo games played more often in OGS… Count me in …

2 Likes

i always agree to discover diferrents ways to play go, so, why not? :slight_smile:
i hope that Rengo will be added to OGS :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am new to Go, but I think this is a great idea. I would like to play with friends this way.

3 Likes

It would be interesting to have a teammate. I remember seeing a video where high dan players were paired with low kyuus. The kyuus would play bad moves and the dans would have to think how to best make use of them.

If a variant sections added, these are some others I think would be fun too.

First Capture = first capture wins
Time Is Money Go = time remaining is added to your score
One Color Go = both players use the same colour
Gomoku = first player to get 5 stones in a row horizontally, vertically, or diagonally

3 Likes

Hey everyone, thanks for the nice thread. :smiley:

We certainly like the idea of Rengo and have talked about it internally before. Rengo is a nice Go variant that gives great fun! :blush:

It is something we consider for the future of OGS, but our list of stuff to implement has some things with a higher priority at the moment. So we can’t give you a promise that it’s going to be implemented in the short future!

4 Likes

Rengo will be a really exciting game, really deep understanding with your pair and how do you read your game… This would be great having it in OGS too… Should really have pair Go. I’ll definitely play a game of pairs. HOpe to make this posible.

2 Likes

Omg those are some sweet ideas you have. Wish OGS can add these for side-games

3 Likes

If you do not have partner Rikhon, we can play together XD

4 Likes

yes sir <o\

3 Likes

Herewith comes the announcement for the 2nd test of a Rengo game on OGS on a 19x19 board.

RENGO-Team SUN (A) against RENGO-Team JUPITER (B)

date: Saturday, 26th July 2014
start: 07:30 pm UTC (03:30 pm East Cost (USA) / 09:30 pm CEST (Central European Summer Time)).

playtime 45 minutes + 5x20 minutes Byo-Yomi

You find all details on the Tournament page in the Tournament room (group) here:
http://online-go.com/tournament/3049

The players will be nearby the same as in the 1st test game:

(A) sefo (13k) + The Arctic (27k)
(B) LinuxGooo (17k) + Rikhon (23k) short time replacing GoRogue (22k)

The players will play via specificly created Rengo-Team-Accounts (Rengo-Team Sun + Rengo-Team Jupiter). - The players will login each into the accounts and post in the game chat the moves with their player name, so all spectators can understand which move was played by whom.

The four players wont see the chat comments as you know it from regular games. Same all players are not allowed to use any form of communication during the game.

Come in on Saturday and watch this uniquly Rengo game !

7 Likes

Now that’s called the REAL Star Wars @The Arctic @GoRogue @LinuxGooo @sefo @Rengo_Tournament_Org

(Don’t argue with me that Jupiter is a planet.) :smile:

4 Likes

This is Going to be Exciting Must watch this :smile:

3 Likes

RENGO-Team SUN (Team A) is challenging today for a test game the RENGO-Team JUPITER, Saturday, 26th July at 09:30 pm CET (03:30 pm EST)…

The players of RENGO-Team SUN: sefo (13k) + The Arctic (27k)

You find all details on the Tournament page in the Tournament room (group) here:

2 Likes

RENGO-Team JUPITER (Team B) is accepting the challenging today for a test game with RENGO-Team SUN (Team A), Saturday, 26th July at 09:30 pm CET (03:30 pm EST)…

The players of RENGO-Team JUPITER: LinuxGooo (17k) + Rikhon (23k) (replacing GoRogue (22k))

All details on the Tournament page in the Tournament room (group) here:

2 Likes

Hey Rengo fans! I (GoRogue) will actually not be able to play today. I got called last minute for a gig (I’m a musician) that I can’t afford to turn down, so I’m being replaced by Rikhon. Everything should still go smoothly, so enjoy the game!

4 Likes

I am very excited to get the chance to play in Rengo test… wish me good luck please :smiley:

4 Likes