Zen Mode design change — looking for feedback

I would totally want to see the clock of my opp as well. Sometimes (especially in quick games) it does make a difference whether my opp has plenty of time left or I know he/she also has to answer in like 10sec or so. Mostly so I am mentally prepared to make my next move when time is low. It would just feel very weird to not see his clock.

Clocks, prisoners and board are all essential parts of the game state. Just my opinion.

3 Likes

Completely agree, though I’d be fine not seeing the opponent’s clock for correspondence specifically. For live it’s important, but for correspondence I can’t really imagine ever using it to make a game-impacting decision.

@Samraku: yes, totally. It would be important to me for live games, but I never play correspondence so I can’t really have an opinion on that, but I guess it wouldn’t make much difference.

1 Like

Yeah, the only way I could see it being relevant is if you’re trying to abuse a time zone difference in a fast correspondence game to time your opponent out while they’re asleep, which would be a really scummy move that doesn’t deserve to be catered to. :smiley:

I am not sure where this is in terms of roll out, but I would love to see periods of byo-yomi on the clock. I love the zen mode now that it has the clocks. I will start using it exclusively, I just wish it had the complete clock information. I have stopped using the clock audio because it is buggy for me at best.

Thanks for all of the work on this!

1 Like

Hello everyone. My first post here (as far as i remember). I just popped in to say I am missing the old zen mode very much, the one with details about time not being shown.

On mobile devices, the board size should be maximized in Zen mode.
For my taste, there is way too much empty space around the board.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.