2015/16 Go Creators Invitational (Final Game 2!)

Hey guys!

In February 2015, we hosted a Creators Invitational on KGS among 8 brilliant Go streamers:

Now it’s our time to make a larger and better tournament on OGS! Over the past two months of organizing, we have assembled 32 of the best teachers, streamers and figures in the online Go community; they have contributed great content in various formats, and we are proud of the achievements they have made over the years! :smile: :heart:

This tournament, hosted by @xhu98 and @108, will start in June 2015. All games will be scheduled and played live on OGS; feel free to cheer for your favorite content creators, and feel free to embrace the unique excitement of Go! :sunny:

To find out about the format, draw, live scores and player profiles, please visit our website at http://www.peanutgo.org/2015ci.

Enjoy!

Cheers, xhu98
OGS Team

7 Likes

List of Participants (Seed #1-#32):

HitGirl7 (Mark Lee 10d)
Crazywind (Ryan Li 1p)
Truestyle
Yunxuan
Starstorm3
RobertT
Longstride
Littlelamb
Tohya
Fairgo
Andrew J
Clossius
Nick Sibicky
xhu98
mark5000
litchee
DragonfistGaming
cbz
mrhaandi
Jermelle
Qilu
Monkk
TritonBaduk
apetresc
bish3al
Indiaca/Galdorious
Krithalith
theduddha2
calantir
tinuviel
crodgers

1 Like

Well this just looks frickin’ awesome. Will the schedule of games be announced on this thread or somewhere else?

4 Likes

@archpaladin1 We will start the scheduling calendar soon! :smiley:

Wooowww!! This is just so amazing!!
Seeing all my favourite Go teachers participating (except dwyrin, unfortunately).

Never been there before, this will be gigantic! How did you manage to bring all those people on one table? I’m seriously impressed! :wink:

1 Like

Two months of preparation work, haha :smile:

We are pleased to announce BadukMovies.com as our first sponsor! :smiley:

7 Likes

Awesome are Kim and Peter also playing in it as well? :smiley:

Also did you try GuoJuan’s internet go school (https://internetgoschool.com/) to sponsor it? She’s very active with sponsoring lately :smiley:

:sunglasses:

Since this has round robin pools, how are you breaking ties? The only way I see is to go against the standard of “51% of the board is the same as 100% of the board,” and it could get even more awkward with people resigning.

@Plunder - Peter is playing in the tournament. :slight_smile: Maybe we will consider Guo Juan’s Internet Go School as a potential sponsor as the event goes on!

@kamoro - We will break ties by calculating the sum of winning margins (Resignation, points, etc.) If that doesn’t work, we will take SOS and SODOS into consideration.

People resigning from tournaments will automatically forfeit their games. We do have great prizes for the top 8 places, so I think our participants are willing to compete for those! :smiley:

1 Like

What are the equivilent winning margins for win by resignation or timeout?

I think resolving ties using SOS and SODOS would be best. Different playing styles tend to yield different scores. Would it really be fair for a player with a peaceful playing style who excels at counting and wins by 5-6 points to miss the cut over an aggressive player who wins by resignation? In both cases a win was obtained, but is winning one way really worth less than the other?

If we’re looking for the players who played best in the Group Division to advance, then SOS and SODOS would be the fairest option. :smile:

2 Likes

Is SOS even possible as a tie breaker in a round robin? I would think if everyone plays everyone, than two people of the same score would have the same SOS, meaning you would have to go by SODOS.

#TOURNAMENT LAUNCHING TODAY! :smiley:

Please follow our calendar at http://www.peanutgo.org/calendar/ or in the “Tournament” section of our official webpage (http://www.peanutgo.org/2015ci)

A Group A game between mark5000 and crodgers, two of OGS’s finest teachers/moderators, will start on Wednesday, June 3 at 10:00 PM EST! Stay tuned! :smiley:

1 Like

Oh this is a tournament? I thought I was getting free teaching games! :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Ryan Li 1p vs. mark5000 2d this Saturday at 6:00 p.m. UTC (2:00 p.m. EST)!!

1 Like

##The Round of 16 has 2 games left! Who will take the trophy?