2021 Rating and rank adjustments

Would be nice if the link itself returned there, this is going to cost me a lot of clicking when doing mod work

1 Like

Is this possibly because Glicko assumes everyone starts at 13k (with +/- 5k uncertainty)?

Is that still the case now, actually?

4 Likes

At 1d I gained about 1.3 stones, so seems like the intended effect.
I also donā€™t see any 20kyu+ in my friends list anymore, though those ranks might not be accurate yet, and a lot of the ones I knew probably started at 13kyu and didnā€™t play enough to really rank down.

1 Like

Is it done yet? I am still not 1d but according to the github website I would be. Gotta work harder!

1 Like

I guess thereā€™s going to be a ā€œwah my rank went down in the big OGS upgradeā€ club. Anyone want to join me at the bar drowning my sorrows (assuming the rank graph is correct)?

Edit: false alarm! :sweat_smile: My graph must not have been updated yet! Woo hoo SDK too!

9 Likes

Gosh, looks like OGS considers me a 5k now. I have to say, I donā€™t know if I deserve that rank! But of course, all ranking systems are relative, and the one-stone-per-rank seems like a good standard. Crazy to think I would only need 5 handicap stones against a 1d playerā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™d honestly be so surprised if anyone went down- OGS ranks were so tough before haha

3 Likes

Nah, 21k. Iā€™m safe, no need to study tsumego ever. :+1:

12 Likes

My glicko2 points went from 1631 Ā± 73 down to 1503 Ā± 61, butā€”finallyā€”Iā€™m an SDK :tada:

4 Likes

I think some people are using their old rank restrictions, not taking into account the bumps in rank. I see some players right now with a ā€˜max rankā€™ restriction lower than their actual rank, which would be odd otherwise.

Edit: Also noticing Iā€™m getting a lot of ā€˜The rank difference is more than 9ā€™ messages on games, even though itā€™s not the case when I check their rank graph against mine.

2 Likes

Looking into it

4 Likes

I must admit that made me peek, did yā€™all know the url is https: //online-go.com/player/1/

I mean, the OG swag of being player #1 link.

6 Likes

Ok @trukzt / @MooToYouToo - I believe that issue should be fixed for you both

3 Likes

Boo, I was promised a big increase to stroke my ego and I simply moved back to my rank 2 weeks ago :stuck_out_tongue:.

The ranks in my friend list seem to line up much better with IRL ranks than they used to so kudo!

6 Likes

This is bullshit & I hate everything. >_<

2 Likes

Ok, so we kept the system where 10d players are shown as 9d, and 9d+ starts at 11d. Good to know.

1 Like

Somethingā€™s still up. 4k game offer shows rank diff more than 9 even though itā€™s not.

If itā€™s any help, sometimes the system borks and shows me with my old rating which with new conversion is 3d. And itā€™s not just momentarily, it stays that way until reload or something.

2 Likes

Iam down from 2D to 2k. so did most of my (corresponds) opponent theyā€™re rank downā€¦ fine by me

I see you at 3d with the rating of 2122.

2 Likes

Yeah, I had a similar scare, I think a reload will fix it for @shiroha

2 Likes