2021 thoughts (since nobody made one)

Time to watch one of the best episodes of the original Outer Limits TV series, “The Man Who Was Never Born,” about an apocalyptic disease. Scarier now than in 1963, with an excellent performance by a young Martin Landau.

1 Like

I assume it meant prosecute. As in, there was a requirement to wear masks but no particular enforcement and then a change to actually enforce. Or is it only in the UK where we have rules which are not enforced…

2 Likes

Discobot roll measures.

Discobot said total lockdown. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Grofzartig.

1 Like

I mean, we’ve seen this one coming since 2016, haven’t we?

4 Likes

Seems like 52% did not

2 Likes

I think 52% are happy not to be troubled by foreign broccoli. (Even if some proportion of them are maybe sad about the implications for fish going on the other direction…)

3 Likes
2 Likes

Don’t know where to put these Mars/Perseverance-Memes, so they’ll go in here:

“Erde” is, obviously, German for “Earth”.

The ad says “Nice here. But have you already been to Baden-Württemberg?”

5 Likes

We are almost through February and it is already really exciting.

• The START treaty has been renewed. The only good news so far, but the loss of INF and open skies is dangerous.
  • Charles Richard says that nuclear war is a real possibility.
  • China says they will go to war over Taiwanese independence. According to the democratic peace theory, democratic states are unwilling to go to war – but China is not a democracy.
  • Biden has already bombed Syria.
  • An increasing number of ordinary people are going apeshit after a year of cabin fever and economic meltdown.

LOL

This needs context, because he didn’t up and attacked Syria, he bombed in Syria (as in, he didn’t attack the sovereign state there, which kind of makes a huge difference). I’m not defending any kind of bombing, I just think the clarification is needed.

And the whole area (us included) is in a bit of a party with shots level of excitement:

Expect more headlines in the near future, I guess.

2 Likes

The Suez Canal is blocked by a container ship that had a blackout and got stuck:

(For clarification: The company’s name is “Evergreen”, but the ship’s name is “Ever Given”.)

6 Likes

More pictures, looks like it’s really stuck…

Seems like a perfect metaphor for the situation that we’ve been in

Potential solution??

4 Likes

The potential solution is to throw the whole thing out piece by piece, but, in another instance of life imitating art, nobody wants to even consider an economic loss, no matter how manageable and acceptable and sensible in comparison to the greater scheme of things.

2 Likes

One day, we’ll look back and learn to laugh at this navigational mishap. I’m sure that there is bound to be a hilarious laxative commercial, to be made, that will poke fun at this incident.

1 Like

Is it just me who feels that additional flag waving is rarely a good sign…

4 Likes

The other companies that own the ships that are waiting for this stuck ship are losing a lot of money by the delay and so does the company that owns the ship. I think that megaship like that demand huge special cranes in order to be unloaded (since it is packed to the top like a meme truck or something) that cannot be found in the middle of the canal :confused:

@yebellz

I’m sure that there is bound to be a hilarious laxative commercial, to be made, that will poke fun at this incident.

Oh Gods, what a horrible idea :rofl: … I can see it their punchline in my minf …

Bowel pains? That ship has sailed wooooooooomph (ship siren sound)

Not if you are a flag manufacturer …

4 Likes

5 Likes

This is so hilarious :laughing: :

https://twitter.com/SuezDiggerGuy

https://twitter.com/ever_given

4 Likes

Filed under “Things moving faster than my life”.

4 Likes