2021 thoughts (since nobody made one)

7 Likes
3 Likes

This goes here

4 Likes

2 Likes
7 Likes

“why we dare to explore”

I like people who choose the most appropriate verb for the situation.

2 Likes

Soon the natural end of this topic.

Looking back in the first half of the year, the evergreen went to be the best covered news until he passed again by the canal.

What will be the one for the second semester?

3 Likes

the last normal episode of South Park was December 11, 2019

after that only 4 episodes were created:

The Pandemic Special
South ParQ Vaccination Special
South Park: Post Covid
South Park: Post Covid: The Return of Covid

these names of episodes looks like perfect short summary of the past 2 years :blush:

3 Likes

Impossible for me to catch up with all the good stuff I missed here, but now that 2021 is withering and shriveling, I’ll say this:

2021 is a good year to leave behind—even though it did have its good parts also, which I wouldn’t want to miss: dog; barefoot shoes; elections (OK: comparatively good).

Let’s make 2022 better than 2021 was, shall we?
I believe in the power of “we” :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I get the feeling of deja vu with this statement. Was 2021 better or worse than 2020 then? I recall the end of 2020 being hailed at the time as the worst year ever being over and some optimism for 2021 with vaccines available and all that…

6 Likes

All years are good years to leave behind, so we can get new ones.

Years are like socks; even bad ones serve their purpose and we should discard even good ones when it’s time.

7 Likes

In terms of Covid deaths, both years 2020 and 2021 are roughly equivalent

however the lockdowns were less severe in 2021 than in 2020, economic activity is almost normal and, more importantly, we now have hope.

5 Likes

But we had hope then too didn’t we? This conclusion makes me worry for 2022… What other shizzle does the world have to catch up on if we actually are approaching post-covid?

5 Likes

Every year something good and something bad happens, however 2020 was especially bad because of the pandemic which affected the entire world. That an equally severe event (other than Covid) occurs again in 2022 seems unlikely to me.

5 Likes

It seems very likely to me, but I hope at least part of the world population has learned something.

4 Likes

I was scrolling through twitter just for a laugh and I spotted this:

Screenshot_4

Yes, it is a Greek user with a nickname containing the word “Patriotic” and as an avatar he chose for Christmas to have the Parthenon (literally a temple of Athena, daughter of Zeus), with the red hat of the FOREIGN Santa, which is red largely because of Coca-Cola’s multi-national aggressive marketing a lot of decades ago. :rofl:

If this year taught us anything is that “learning” is apparently not in the vocabulary of quite a lot of people :thinking:

Anyway, my final thoughts on 2021 is that it was quite a good year for me.
Oddly enough a LOT of good things happened, so, pandemic excluded, I really hope that the next year will keep up this trend :slight_smile:

7 Likes

16 Likes

Russia invades Ukraine?

1 Like

Yes, invasions and wars may happen, but they probably won’t impact the entire world.

I still don’t think that a global internet related catastrophy is unimaginable. US and China virtual cold war or something? Russia and Ukraine trigger some internet spillover? Some rogue state figures out how to knacker some key internet thing?
I realise a lot of the world is not online in the way some parts are but I still think such a thing could affect the entire world. I hope that it’s not the sort of thing that is actually fatal though.

3 Likes