2022: HOLD MY TEA! šŸµ

Iā€™m honestly feeling (as discussed earlier in this thread (end Feb/March time I think)) that 2023 has not been an improvement on the previous two. Maybe Iā€™ve got rose tinted hindsight spectacles on but I feel that the uncertainty in general, prices, global events etc add up to a deterioration. At least with 2020/1 there was a focus and a view of a solution (vaccine, roll out etc) whereas now things donā€™t seem a whole lot better but with less of a picture of how things might actually improveā€¦

4 Likes

I love typos like that. Orā€¦?

5 Likes

Ha, yeah, getting ahead of myself!

4 Likes

Iā€™m just glad itā€™s over.

I have hopes for 2023. Iā€™m always quite optimistic, but if I ever lose hope for the next year it will be dark times indeed.

The Ukraine war is putting his shadow on 2022, sadly as the covid pressure was going away.
Let see if next year comes with something better.

Elon Musk is at it again. First our government doesnā€™t want me scrolling twitter, now itā€™s Musk.

Itā€™s too bad if twitter is gonna collapse. There was a lot of info there. Lots of people say twitter is terrible and so on. But it seems itā€™s just them. Because my twitter is nice, and I think Japanese twitter in general.

1 Like

A bit disrespectful.

5 Likes

Lot of psychology in chess :joy:

1 Like
2 Likes

I know it says Mendel, but the first time my brain read Mengele and somehow it seemed so appropriate to whatever state the planet is in.

2 Likes

It! Is! Not! Over! Yet!

And I wouldnā€™t be surprised if it would surprise (!) us with even more bad news in the last minute.
</sarcasm>

For the new thread Iā€™d suggest this:

2023: ā€œThings change, and they donā€™t change backā€

(quoting Alex Kamal in ā€œThe Expanseā€)

<edit> See? I traveled back in time and changed the past :ā€¢) </edit>

2 Likes
2 Likes

Iā€™ll post when I reach new year, later than some and earlier than some. :wink:

2 Likes

Shocking new revelations: Europeans freezing without Russian gas https://youtu.be/pHNLSzItPI0?t=577 (worth watching).

3 Likes

I canā€™t tell if youā€™re rickrolling, Iā€™ll choose to think you do

2 Likes

:sob:

Meanwhile chess people

1 Like

This should go to the ā€œWhy Go is better than chessā€ topic and then lock the topic afterwards :rofl:

1 Like

Great way to celebrate with your friends all over the world :smiley:

3 Likes

I love how these things are always broken :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like