2022: HOLD MY TEA! šŸµ

One last time, with a crude example:

You probably have an army friend, or a cousin, or an old D&D pal who lost their job and their house because of the war in Ukraine, somehow. And probably you can find an article about a Ukrainian who made it through the war unscathed.

Still doesnā€™t make the war about you or you the main protagonist. :roll_eyes:

Somehow youā€™ll always reading my posts as ā€œomg all men are monsters, feminism good men bad arghā€ but that is a you problem. :woman_shrugging:t2:

In other news of ā€œ2022 is garbageā€.

:woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Have you ever considered that this is how you are actually writing them? :wink:

You wished for something, I told you that your wish has, at least partially, come true and what was your response:

ā€œMany, many, many men say ā€œremember the good old times when women were strictly unpaid labor and didnā€™t talk backā€ without realizing that the good old times werenā€™t good for them either.ā€

Which is practically ā€œomg men are stupid, they canā€™t think that good times werenā€™t good for them eitherā€ when, if fact, I mentioned at least 6 things from this countryā€™s past that none of us men, misses or wants to experience again.

Yes, we do realise that ā€œthe good old times werenā€™t good for us eitherā€. Thatā€™s why we supported changing those ā€œold timesā€.

You can either accept that fact or keep your stereotypical spiel, it makes no difference to me nor to the facts themselves. As you said, ā€œthat is a you problemā€. If you do not really want your wishes to come true, that is not anyone elseā€™s problem.

Away from the ā€œgood old timesā€ and back to 2022:

1 Like

ā€œMore menā€ = there are some, I wish there were more.
You have been disagreeing with something I never even said.

Your reading comprehension is abyssmal.
And your whole argument is to try to gaslight everyone that I say things I never said.

I guess you represend 100% of men everywhere and this is 100% factually accurate. Obviously men who donā€™t realize and donā€™t support are a figment of womenā€™s collective imagination.

Me: ā€œA.ā€
You: ā€œI understand A as B and B is the only thing I have an argument against, so you said B and I will die on the hill of convincing everyone that you said B, because it makes me look sympathetic. Also A and B are close, so you obviously said a consonant when you wrote a vowel. BBBBBBBBB. You are a man hater. B.ā€

Highlight: - we were considered objects. - yeah, we had to pay for you, woe is us, who will talk about our pain.

Iā€™m just writing this out to say your MO is really transparent (wear out everyone who disagrees with you by being unreasonable, straw-manning and goalpost-moving until you drive them out of the conversation) and also showcase to everyone that I donā€™t actually say the things you accuse me of, because some might miss it.

Have it your way.

Over and out.

Funny you should say that when ā€¦

ā€¦ when Iā€™ve said time and time again that I am talking about OUR country specifically and OUR customs. Scroll up, you will see it. We even made jokes about other countries not having mountains so they were spared those silly customs.
But of course you have to lay judgement on OTHER peopleā€™s ā€œreading comprehensionā€ :melting_face:

And yes, what I said is indeed ā€œ100% factually accurateā€ because you cannot go out in the streets and find EVEN ONE man that will say ā€œyes, I want to go back to arranged marriages and hiding in the mountains after sexā€ ā€¦ Go ahead, if what I said was wrong, find just one man in the country that want to go back to those customs.

It is called ā€œdisproof by counter-exampleā€ and it is the easiest thing to do, because you only need to find just one.

But there is NOONE that wants that. Because, as I said, we are not stupid.
And I wrote that exact same thing earlier and you ā€œconvenietlyā€ ignored it.

So, yes, all men HERE eventually (it didnā€™t happen overnight obviously), supported stopping that barbarism with marriages under gunpoint, as well as all the other things I specifically mentioned.
We used to do them. Fathers and brothers. We understood that our behaviour and our customs were NOT good, so we stopped doing that stuff.

Imagine that, people being actually able to improve, eh? :slight_smile:

You: ā€¦ " I will die on the hill" ā€¦ ā€œbecauseā€

Since when do you have the ability to pass such judgement or put words into my mouth? :thinking:
Iā€™ve let that slide other times, like that time, but it is high time I make it clear that you do not know me, we did not grow up in the same village, we did not go to the same school, we have not ever met nor talked to one another.
So, what gives you such knowledge of my actual character, I wonder?
Even my closest friends would think twice about writing stuff like that and you think that you can do that for people youā€™ve never met?
Thatā€™s amusing.
Get off your high horse and stick to the things that are being written please.

E.g.

I never said ANY of that, so, again, try to discuss the things that are actually being written and now what you imagine or perceive. Thank you :slight_smile:

Again, you can keep your judgemental MO to yourself. This is the internet, you do not know ANY of us here and it is high time you realise that baseless judgements about other people youā€™ve never met, make for a pretty bad dialogue.

Funny how you think that just by saying those things you believe that they actually happen. There is something called ā€œproving your pointā€ which you usually avoid.

Sorry, but accusations are YOUR ā€œMOā€ :wink:
I am just responding to your baseless claims.
And quotes do not lie, sorry.
All I said was that your wish had come true and this is the result ā€¦ oh, how insolent of me to mention that a wish came true :rofl:

Funny that in that same first post I mentioned that most men here keep quiet about that stuff.
Thank you for practically proving that point as well.

Have a nice day! :slight_smile:
And since you seem to abhor me that much, hereā€™s an easy solution, donā€™t read my posts.
It is called freedom of choice.
I like reading and exploring and discussing different points of view. You are free to not read or do that.

More 2022:

Those images are so awesome :innocent:

ā€œAnd after all, weā€™re only ordinary menā€

2 Likes

I absolutely hated those ā€œfun timesā€ and ā€œteam appreciation eventsā€ and ā€œself-actualisation within a teamā€ meetings and all those compulsory ā€œgrin and bear itā€ gatherings. Iā€™ll be glad if they go away for real.

7 Likes

That would be awesome so I clicked on the article immediately ā€¦ apparently they are not ā€¦ :face_with_head_bandage:

Those inept people are trying to just replace them with something even worse:

Rather than creating a toxic or negative environment, adds Gostick, the wine-and-whine events allow workers to blow off steam, let go of any frustrations from the week, prepare to enjoy the weekend and ultimately feel more refreshed on Monday morning. Itā€™s an authentic kind of fun employees have continued to embrace as they return to the office.

Wouldnā€™t it be fun if ALL the complaints where about that ā€œauthenticā€ meeting? :rofl:

ā€œThat kind of get-together has the most positive impact anyway. Itā€™s team bonding that would happen naturally, as opposed to forcing it.ā€

Then let it happen naturally. People in a job bond naturally by the ā€œThank God you are here insert nameā€ moments that every job eventually produces. Thatā€™s when you get to see who is a real ā€œteam playerā€, that is where people bond, that is when they are thankful that you are there.

But all those meetings and alternatives have to happen else those HR and managment cronies would lose their job, if you call organising and thinking things like that ā€œa jobā€.

It is those people that are really pushing for a return to the offices, because they are now bereft of silly things to organise, but workers are not stupid, even if upper management can be dupped with graphs or whatever, there is no way to convince a worker that forcing them to lose hours of their lives to get up early in the morning, get ready, fight the traffic and then do the same thing on the way back is better than sitting at home and doing the same work and taking the breaks you deem that you need, instead of ā€œmandatory fun timesā€.

To be clear there are good and efficient professionals in HR and management, but people that come up with that stuff are not in that group.

2 Likes

Extra annoying are the managers that are not even naturally good at these things, just push to make things happen like they where told in a ā€œhow to bond with your employeesā€ seminar 5 years ago.

5 Likes

Some social interaction is good. Forced social interaction is horrible, especially in big companies or where office relations are tense at best.

I think those gatherings are meant to de-escalate complaints about hectic job environments or life-work balance or toxic coworkers and other things that may appear in a lawsuit against the company.

They come in the same basket as bright motivational posters on the walls of overworked teams, bicycle lanes inside open space offices where your breaks are metered by software, smilie badges for the ā€œemployee of the weekā€ which donā€™t amount to any monetary bonus etc etc

6 Likes

Thereā€™s a lobster cup going on. This time the rule is you can make a move to capture opponentā€™s stones only if you passed on previous move. Game ends with four consecutive passes of course. Like this

3 Likes

Oh, although out of date at this point, look, more or less neutral reporting. Those are rare. Apparently France 24 is less biased, I wonder how did French manage to set up something like that.

Patriots are always welcome

ā€¦donā€™t go to the army. It took some years, but Iā€™ve finally won the greatest game of hide and seek. I got my red booklet with the proud ā€œnot servedā€ mark which means conscription army buggers off. Of course, it never truly goes away and will be bothering me for the rest of my life in Russia. But I won. Now Iā€™m in reserve category 2. So when weā€™ll mobilize to fight NATO theyā€™ll mobilize Rambos from 1st category in the first wave, then goes I with all the sickly and feeble people in 2nd category. And when weā€™re wiped out grandpas and grandmas in 3rd category will take our place.

5 Likes

Sounds like a good deal. At least you didnā€™t have to do things like that to avoid it:

Who goes to a beautiful island to break their heads by deliberately standing behind an airplane turbine? :thinking: Apparently a lot of people. What a weird idea, but it is 2022, eh?

1 Like

In other fun news

1 Like

Things are tough economically and the prices of fuel are very high, so the national Greek television thought it was a good idea to show to every citizen how to steal fuel from someone elseā€™s car:

Now this is why we pay taxes for the national TV station :rofl:

5 Likes