2023: “Things change, and they don’t change back.”

Things change, and they don’t change back.

— Alex Kamal in “The Expanse”

So there, I created the new thread.

Feel free to change the title if you have a better one :slight_smile:

<edit> 2023-01-03: revoking the invitation to change the title :slight_smile: </edit>

The old 2022 thread is here:

11 Likes

Howdy, time travelers from 2023!

9 Likes

I’m just being clairvoyant :wink:

1 Like

Makes me want to change the title just so someone can change it back…

15 Likes

Some things never change.

Summary

Go

4 Likes

whispers Early 3-3 invasions…

15 Likes

Happy 2023 everyone.

Lot of people setting off their fireworks even though they’re only on sale, legally, for a few days each year in NZ. Someone nearby clearly stocked up a lot.

5 Likes

I would remove “(Alex Kamal in “The Expanse”)” from the title, because it makes it look like this is a topic about “The Expanse”.

4 Likes

A better title might be:
Does history repeats itself or not?

2 Likes

K, done :wink:

1 Like

Well, let’s see if this will hold true for this year as well.

2 Likes

Happy new year everyone!

Our host for 2023 wants y’all to be perverse. I’m just the messenger. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Y’all be happy tho

5 Likes

I fixed the title since the post was made before any part of the world was in 2023 but I suppose someone will change it :sweat_smile::wink::tada:

3 Likes

I started the year with a win on Fox. It’s not pretty but it’s a win.

Looking at it it’s interesting that Fox 5ds make big mistakes all the time. I’m thinking if one just doesn’t make mistakes, they can get to 6d.

6 Likes

If you don’t make mistakes, you’re stronger than the strongest AI.

12 Likes

Happy new year everyone! With good health first and foremost for you and your loved ones :slight_smile:

8 Likes

That’s the joke.

The non-joke part of the joke is that eliminating simple mistakes like silly misreads will probably boost winrate a lot. Problem is that fox games are specifically meant to tire you out and overwhelm you with problems. And then you make one mistake and it’s over.

1 Like

May health and happiness be your faithful companions in 2023, and MAY IT BECOME YOUR BEST YEAR SO FAR!

The latter prolly shouldn’t be that difficult, eh?

12 Likes

What new year without fireworks

2 Likes

Finished my first game for 2023, a 2022 game i still had to finish… got one sided so i had to resign… i also found out through gotstats, i completed 2022 with a corr game lasting 11 months, 9 days, 13 hours and 26 minutes… longest ever for me, wonder how long they can get?.

3 Likes