2023: “Things change, and they don’t change back.”

I don’t have a strong preference for either black or white. I wouldn’t feel comfortable with either color in a game like this (too unpredictable and difficult to control), so I would probably have played a different opening with either color.

1 Like

Definitely black.

It looks like if black somehow made no points at all in the centre, but made points on the sides, then the game would be relatively close.

But Black has a huge potential in the centre.

Black has potential in the center, but I also see many places where white has potential to break into it.
Some examples:

So I wouldn’t feel very confident with black (or white). To me it feels a bit like a gambling position for both.

3 Likes
3 Likes

This could keep rollin’

2 Likes

Never knew there was already “AI stealing from artists” debate.

https://miro.medium.com/max/1400/1*NLF1iWOApvOKg0O6xXTLWw@2x.webp

1 Like

Science, STAHP!

2 Likes

They had adorable battle camels at India’s parade.

5 Likes

Mortar camels? Reminds me of the attack dolphins from RA2 :rofl:

Well, I mean, it’s not like RA2 made them up.

Found the camel stream with good enough quality. At 1:32:11.

1 Like

I’m sorry… WHAT!? :rofl:

I hope they were more effective than Russia’s anti-tank dogs that they accidentally trained on their own tanks :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That’s why I call it potential and not territory.

The territories are somewhat close, but Black has a huge potential in addition to territory. So unless White manages to erase all of Black’s potential without giving any compensation to Black, I expect Black to win.

And Black has the initiative.

1 Like

I didn’t count and so i dunno who has more yet. Hard to say, i ll be careful of 4 sure corners, it’s some cash. Then who will erase who? Both have potential territories (white on the left to the center too). Did anyone count? I am so lazy.

Interesting that this doesn’t look weird in India.

2 Likes

Definitely looks weird to me—never mind where it happens.

2 Likes

I still can’t make up my mind. I don’t like either color very much. So I asked KataGo what it thinks about the position.

When using Japanese rules with 6.5 komi, KataGo feels that black is leading by 0.8 points, though it has some difficulty making up its mind about how the game might continue.

Some examples:

5 Likes

My sympathies go out to all people experiencing Frenchness.

7 Likes

For example, a better term than “the poor” was “people with incomes below the poverty line”, it added.

It seems there aren’t enough meaningful jobs for everyone and someone has to do this and pretend hard they’re doing something useful.

2 Likes

“That is why we recommend avoiding general ‘the’ labels such as the poor, the mentally ill, the wealthy, the disabled, the college-educated,” it wrote.

For example, a better term than “the poor” was “people with incomes below the poverty line”, it added.

I want to see their new term about “the wealthy” now … come on, write a new label for your boss, if you dare :rofl:

Let’s see …
“people who have so much money it cannot even fit in their house”>
“people who couldn’t count their money even if you give them a whole year”?
“people who won’t need anymore money for the rest of their lives, yet somehow still get more”?
“people who pay my salary and please do not fire me boss for not calling you wealthy anymore”?

Meanwhile, what’s this kind of inanity:

is an effort to show that labels shouldn’t be used for anyone, whether they are traditionally or stereotypically viewed as positive, negative or neutral."

So, making the label contain more than one word, somehow makes it better and not stereotypical? :thinking:
That’s what the morons think … sorry … those with severe lack of active brain cells attached to reality.

Carlin was so on to this scam that it is not even funny anymore:

2 Likes