2023: “Things change, and they don’t change back.”

Lol no one’s jealous of your writing skills :joy::joy::joy:

I didn’t say that, but hey. You can believe that I did, that is your habit after all. Belittling someone else is not always about jealousy, everyone knows that. Now look, I know the trick, I’ve been in fora for 20 years, you will write some back and forth junk so aaaaall the above will be burried and noone will notice (you are even double-posting now instead of editing lol). If you really didn’t care about walls of text that have no substance, you wouldn’t have participated or ever reacted to the whole thing (plus, you did read them to nitpick).

I ain’t writing anything else to help you bury this, but just know that we are not at school anymore to believe your crap, ok? :slight_smile:

I don’t even know what’s so funny about this but somehow the way it’s all written up just causes a chuckle.

“I sincerely believe, with you, that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.”

1 Like

Is this how they communicate for real or it is just exaggerated for the media?

(I watched some videos, it’s not whistles, it is eye laser :stuck_out_tongue: )

Real, see here:

4 Likes
1 Like

Dude got a board from somewhere.

5 Likes

they began to engage in more social behaviour including preening, singing and play. The birds were given a choice of which “friend” to call on a touchscreen tablet and the study revealed that the parrots that called other birds most often were the most popular choices.

“I was quite surprised at the range of different behaviours,” said Hirskyj-Douglas. “Some would sing, some would play around and go upside down, others would want to show another bird their toys.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We5M2hoaChY

6 Likes

France 24 interviewed Schulmann. France 24 surprises with good journalism once again. Every time I peek there it seems to offer better something better than average. I’d expect networks to invite more people who are accepted as political, economical etc. speakers in the discussed country. But it feels like networks gravitate to closer to home experts.

LETS GOOOO

2 Likes

Is Le Parisien reliable?

Heroes return to home, I guess?

1 Like

Yes, Le Parisien is reliable. Violent extreme-right movements exist but they are quite marginal and don’t seem to have enough weapons to conduct an attack on the French territory so far.

Interesting. Outside of diagnostics for cars, I didn’t know this was an issue. I suppose they could turn to the dodge used by Microsoft, whereby they don’t sell you their product, they only “rent” it to you. This is a situation that calls to mind the AT&T case.

Back in the day, IIRC, the AT&T monopoly prevented people from owning, installing, repairing, or modifying their phone. Innovations that didn’t come out of Bell Labs were typically blocked with the excuse that they failed to meet “technical standards.” This eventually led to the federal government suing AT&T under antitrust laws, leading to its breakup in 1980.

1 Like
3 Likes

Some even accused her of inciting a panic with too little — and too weak — data to back her claims.

It is sometimes unnerving on how close-minded some people are in scientific fields (which should by definition be open-minded to new ideas).

There is enough similar data about magazines and TV causing such anxiety to young people. Those mediums are older and less intrusive than smartphones and scientific studies have been performed about the effects of those mediums and there seems to be a connection between anxiety and magazines/TV. (e.g. this or this), so what exactly was surprising from the hypothesis that turbocharging ALL those issues and moving from “hey look at all these celebrities how cool/good they look and how perfect is their lives. I wish I could become a celebrity one day!” to “hey look at all these random normal people like me how cool/good they look and how perfect is their lives. Why does MY life suck?”

Why did they find it odd and were hesitant to look into it? That’s really sad. :confused:

On top of it, psychology has a bad track record in this field, Said points out.

yeah, no kidding.
And they are still not learning … look at the content of the article and look at the title … “the truth”? not even barely. To approach the truth on the subject you would need fill libraries with data and research and while they are dragging their feet playing “hard to convince” and delaying doing research, other people suffer.

3 Likes

Oh, we all know we’re about to read some horse manure from one sentence there.

I mean, naturally, devices cause depression. Using internet I can know all these things. And they aren’t pretty. I feel I would be much more certain of my future, of my country, of my purpose if I knew less things.

Yeah, but at least with social media you know it’s all fake. When you see in real life all the happy, and prettier, and higher in social hierarchy people, it has more effect because it’s right in front of you.

Most of us here hardly qualify as “young and in our character growth period of life”, so yes, that statement is very likely to be true, for us here.
However, for young people that are living and growing now/currently into this era, that is not an easy claim to make.

E.g. if people really were really that discerning, it would be hard to explain even the existence of most of tik-tok and instagram “influencers”, yet they all exist and get their hands on some good money (see above the video I posted about those tiktokers that had a grand deal and couldn’t even bring themselves to post short videos). There are billions floating in show biz and social media. If those didn’t work, the people with the money would have noticed.

Funny thing to see zoom passwords to be published publicly. Does it make sense? I guess on one hand these should be on record since it’s court and everything.